Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gen 5 DDE for sale, test fited on headlights, but never installed. Still in mint condition. Includes all rings, harness, wiring, optical fibers.

Asking for $100 shipped. (price drop again. $80 shipped)

- Gen 5 DDE rings are virtually indestructable.
- The rings are illumated from separate light source, so you don't need to re-open the headlight housing to replace rings like CCFL DDEs.
- Clear rings allow different color to be illuminated via custom filter with ease(optional feature, not included in kit)
- Better light box cooling and brighter light source.
- Pre-assembled light box, pre-labeled fiber optics for your installation convinience.
- clear rings allow stealth look until turn-on.
- retains the OEM DDE look.

I'm throwing in the Gen 4 holegen light with its light boxes free with above purchase. Gen 4's lights and light boxes are smaller than Gen 5's. But they work the same.

Here some pix of gen 4 when I test fited the rings. Keep in mind that the gen 5 light box is much bigger so the ring would be brighter.

This is the Gen 4 parts. Your Gen 5 light box will be 4X bigger (not in the pic). Also the wiring harness is not in the pic but will be included.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
i still need to get you my headlights to do!

i dont understand how these work...are they similar to the LED kind where the LED lights up the whole ring?

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JAEohEN said:
i still need to get you my headlights to do!

i dont understand how these work...are they similar to the LED kind where the LED lights up the whole ring?
They are theoretically using the same technic. But the LED kind has the following disadvantage:

1. leds have much much dimmer lights than these holegen ones.
2. leds are glued onto the ring directly inside the headlight whereas these light box are outside of headlight. So you don't need to open the light box to change bulbs.
3. leds fiber rings were usually home made window blind sticks with hand cut slots whereas these rings were formed with custom made molds has the oem fit to the IS300 headlight. And the rings are more clear for maximum light emission.
4. home made led kits will need to be glue on to the light housing whereas these ones have custom clips pre-made to clip on is300 housing without any glue necessary.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
^^yeah....the LED ones suck....

so pretty much these are on the same level as BMW OEM- probably brighter?

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JAEohEN said:
^^yeah....the LED ones suck....

so pretty much these are on the same level as BMW OEM- probably brighter?
I never compared them side by side. But honestly, I think these ones are brighter than the BMW OEM ones.

Just to give more info for any other member with the same question, here's a pm I replied:

be_is300 said:
Hey, so this is the devil's eye kit right ?

How do you put those rings inside the headlight ? Do you have to cut it open and than glue it back together or they somehow slide in there ?? So, these match the IS300's HIDs at night well or no ? They are blue correct ??

Please let me know, I am VERY interested. DIBZ plz.

BTW, how come you are selling them ?

Mike
Hi Mike,

Yes, there are the original Daylight Demon Eyes.

The rings come with clips at each end which can clip onto the oval light housing. Of course, you'll need to open the headlight to install these. I don't think any DDE can match the stock HID's brightness including these ones. HID is simply too bright. When you turn it (HId) on, it will out shine any other light from the headlight.

Halogen light bulbs in these kit do not make the ring look blue. I've heard that some people put a color filter in front of the bulb to achieve a different color, but I never tried it myself.

Thanks!
Jas

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will anyone be more interested if I can "Nafooesify" these Gen 5 to reduce glares like Gen 6's?

Of course, the process might be a little different since gen 5 and gen 6 have totally different lighting mechanism. I can do some small experiment, but if I'm successful, I might have to add a small fee to my final sale price for the effort.

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts

·
Banned
401 Posts
i just did an install with this kit last week. very easy to follow and install. all you need is some common sense and a few tools and you've got DDE. didnt have to backtrack at all during install. BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

·
Registered
364 Posts
I may be intrested. But i have a concern, opening the housing is not such a big deal, but once the rings are installed, how does the light box (outside housing) emit the light into the rings (inside housing) ? I mean, do you have to cut a hole in the headlight to allow the light box to reach the rings. If so, that may cause issues with condensation.

·
Runs on Rice
2,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pm replied.

Chiller, the light box emits light on one end of the optic fibers. The fibers will route through the housing via parking light hole to light up the ring inside the housing. You don't need to cut/drill on the housing at all. Just put some water resistant sillicone on the outside of the parking light hole where the fiber comes through.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts