Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a NIB set of Spec V n1 coilovers from a fellow .net member in Feb. I had been hearing a rattle for about a month and now I found out the rear passenger shock is bad. So I call to buy a replacement and Apex says I have to buy a whole new coilover set up and will not send just a shock. Or I could send it in for a rebuild which would take a couple weeks. So what am I suppossed to drive. I think this is B.S. So I'd rather just buy a whole new set of coilovers than drop $2k on Apex's again. Any suggestions. JIC, HKS, TEIN? :pissed:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
put on your stock shock/springs and send them out to get them fixed

you spent too much...and to sell them and buy new coilovers would take too much time and waste your money

good luck

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
you did buy used coilovers
maybe the net member rode on them pretty hard (alot of wear and tear?)

if that was the case..you would probably be in the same situation with any coilover.........get the apex'i fixed and save some money on different mods (tower bars, anti-sways)

·
Premium Member
8,548 Posts
you already payed for coilovers don't go pay for more, send them in get them fixed, if you did it yourself, install stck suspension and send them all to get rebuilt if you ask me, chances are other ones can't be to far behind

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.