Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok......So I have been on the forum for a lil while now since I bought my car but before I was an IS owner, I had following cars:
1992 Toyota Supra Turbo

I did so much to the thing (I can list if you really want to know haha) but as I am a student and it was constantly in the shop (I was very picky), I couldnt afford to keep it. I was planning so much more :(
So I sold my baby and I went and bought a more economical car such as my 2000 Civic SiR:

Thats how it looked when I bought it, but couldnt go w/o touching it and putting the rare Mugen parts here and there haha.

Then finally, last year, I missed my Supra so much but wanted something w/ a lil more class, so I went to buy a 2001 Lexus IS300 (the day I picked it up):

I know, the car isnt much here. This is tkkong's old car and he had a bunch of good stuff on it but then it came all off along a long line of buy and sells to reach me.
This is what it looked like before it went down this line:

And this is what it looked like at first:

It had/has JDM Toyota Altezza Dark Chrome tails
03 IS300 Sport Design Headlights
Tein S-Tech Springs
Stillen Axle Back Exhaust
Fake TRD Grill w/ Lexus Emblem glued on (off car now)

After, I took off the bug deflector, I noticed a dent in the hood and got that fixed, and i just didnt like the grill at all!, so I picked up an 02 IS300 grill and at the same time picked up an RX330 Shorty Antenna
And this is still what my car currently looks like:

Because my car was going through tires like crazy, I had to get a camber kit. So I bought an SPC Camber kit for front and rear from TH Motorsports.

Now, over the winter, I have been doing lots of searching and buying to bring this car back to life and have a complete transformation.
First, i was deciding on just rims for the following year but then a bunch of deals came across my way that I just couldn't pass up and I bought parts like no other haha.
First, I needed to get rid of the God awful Canadian Tire fogs and wanted to do something different so I got the Rare IS300 Fog Deletes:

(not the actual ones as mine are brand new, but you get the idea)
With these fog deletes, I have a special plan ahead so stay tuned ;).

Then, bought a set of SSR Linea Sport Rims
18x8 +36 Front
18x9 +35 Rear

(actual wheels)
Still need to order tires (215/40 front 235/40 rear)

Because I didnt like how the height of the car is, I came across a good deal for Tein Comfort Sport Coilovers (Gold Versions) I picked up from DB8

(actual set)

Then all of a sudden I cam across an amazing deal for the kit I wanted. I got in on the one time group buy/private order through TH Motorsports at 40% off what the Canadian supplier wanted for it.
I am still waiting on the kit as it is in shipping from Japan but its a Version Select Kit (only the front and Sides I am ordering) and I got a TRD replica Rear lip from Pacific Mall in Markham.

Because I want to be more flush than I already will be, I ordered a set of 10mm Ichiba spacers for the front and 5mm Ichiba spacers for the rear. This will make my stance look exactly like miss_IS300 (Anna's car) in the picture:

Finally, since I dont really like my Stillen axle back haha, I just picked up a Fujitsubo Cat back for the Altezza (which I will mod to fit the USDM back and midpipe)

And this is how it will fit w/ the TRD rear (w/o extending the axle back w/ stock midpipe):

Soooooooo
What do you all think?
I will keep you posted as the rest of the parts to arrive and go on the car haha.

UPDATE Feb. 7th
Just picked up a Kaminari Roof spoiler:

Reactions: sway162

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
So, what are you doing with your stillen axle back?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Very nice car. I wish I could rock a body kit, unfortunately houston roads and parking lots would tear that bit$% up.

Enjoy your pimped out IS300.:)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Hot!!

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Nice progress so far. Keep us posted!

Why didn't you like the Stillen exhaust?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so what does the car look like at the moment?
I just fixed the link for the current look of the car.

There it is again.

As for everyone else that posted about the Stillen Exhaust. I am selling it to someone already (if he backs out, It will go up on here)

Reason I didn't like the Stillen?
Well, the sound is great. Its not loud at all! But I just didnt like how the canister looked from behind. Especially w/ the rear lip on the car (I have pics of how it looked w/ the rear lip on the previous owner's car). For a style exhaust like that, I would prefer an HKS Dragger or even and L-Tuned, but I want a lil bit more of a sporty look to it, and the Fujitsubo exhaust has better power gains w/ the midpipe on the car.

And thank you for the great words. A lot of thought has gone into the car, and timing has just been perfect for when the group guy came out for the kit and all. I am really excited for the parts to all go on. It is killing me to wait for them to arrive and for the summer to come so I can put it all on. :(

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Alot of changes. It looks good though.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
Good job so far... and good luck for the future!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Soooooo, now is another new update:

I am just about to pick up a Kaminari Roof Spoiler for it on Sunday. I forgot to mention I put on an Ebay roof spoiler when I got it but now I want the real thing haha. So thats a new addition ;)

1 - 20 of 216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.