Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Your MAF being in a 4 inch pipe. You need to re-calibrate the values. Putting a 3 inch inside a bigger pipe will not work.
The MAF calculates the voltages according to temp of wires in the sensor. You have more air going in. So the voltages are off. Causing not enough fuel. If I remember. You could just use the MAP sensor only with a stand alone.
You mite be right, I'm ordering a 3 incher and install the maf inside there and see if that fixes it. I also ordered new ignition coils, it also has a miss fire on idle from time to time especially when its cold. Thanks for your input :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your MAF being in a 4 inch pipe. You need to re-calibrate the values. Putting a 3 inch inside a bigger pipe will not work.
The MAF calculates the voltages according to temp of wires in the sensor. You have more air going in. So the voltages are off. Causing not enough fuel. If I remember. You could just use the MAP sensor only with a stand alone.
Yes you mite be right, I ordered a new 3 inch pipe from cxracing, I will see if that fixes the issue. Also ordered new coil packs. I will post results on here .
Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Okay so here's the dilemma, when I calibrated my afr gauge (innovate psb-1) it shows at 25.8 start point when it should show 22.4 I don't know why that is i need to call innovate when they open.

But if that's the case and if 25.8 really means 22.4 then my afr at 18afr is actually 14.6!?

Thoughts? Anyone ever had this ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes it does, and it does not calibrate the way it's supposed to per written instructions on innovate website.
In open air it should flash 02 then switch to cali and should show 22.4
But when I try it on mine it goes from 02htr then cali then 25.8

Maybe old tech?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Could be, I would be very careful since it’s calling into question what the actual AFR is. I’d email/call them and ask about it. May need a new wideband sensor? I don’t know what it takes but the Bosch LSU sensors are pretty cheap nowadays.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The sensor is actually brand new, I replaced it 2 times already but the reading stays the same as well as when you go to calibrate it.

I'll keep this post going once I figure out what the issue is. But I'm leaning towards a bad gauge it is 4 years old.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well this is pretty embarrassing, but I called innovate about my afr issue.
They told me to check the fuel setting make sure it's on gasoline. Sure enough it wasn't. So this whole time I thought there was an issue with my afr.

Now I got a decent reading 14.6-15 afr.
It is super cold out here in PA as well so them numbers mite more steady at 14.7 when it gets warmer. Haven't drove it yet. But I'm pretty sure itll be good to go. Thanks for all your help guys!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Well this is pretty embarrassing, but I called innovate about my afr issue.
They told me to check the fuel setting make sure it's on gasoline. Sure enough it wasn't. So this whole time I thought there was an issue with my afr.

Now I got a decent reading 14.6-15 afr.
It is super cold out here in PA as well so them numbers mite more steady at 14.7 when it gets warmer. Haven't drove it yet. But I'm pretty sure itll be good to go. Thanks for all your help guys!
Glad to hear you figured it out!

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
Great ending! I usually call shops, tuners, people who sold me the parts, etc.. They are more familiar and quicker with a response. I also find it easier to voice my concern rather than type it out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Great ending! I usually call shops, tuners, people who sold me the parts, etc.. They are more familiar and quicker with a response. I also find it easier to voice my concern rather than type it out.
I should've done that in the first place! Its definitely a relief :D

21 - 33 of 33 Posts