the pictures I have seen. But I will
certainly reserve judgment until I
have actually seen one. Of course,
it couldn't look as bad as the butt-ugly
GS 300/400.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I can honestly say that I have never seen a car lose so much of its character via pictures. You should be *sufficiently shocked*. How cheesy is that line?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well Mr. Longhorn, i dunno if you would like this car in person, i happen to love the style of the GS, and I think the IS was somewhat derived from it, but hey, i must say its much beter in person

·
Registered
201 Posts
I know the "chronograph" style gauge cluster is one of the most unique features of IS300, but does anyone feel maybe it is too "busy"?

Personally, I like big simple gauges that you can get your information at a quick glance (think Honda). Do you guys think the style has overtaken the functional aspect (I know it does look cool)? What is your opinion?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally got to see one up close last weekend and its looks exceeded all my expectations(and I had pretty high expectations)

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Gee Thanks Longhorn for calling my GS400 "BUTT-UGLY"
... I really like the design actually..... I guess everyone has their own opinion...
Eric....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by EricK:
Gee Thanks Longhorn for calling my GS400 "BUTT-UGLY"
... I really like the design actually..... I guess everyone has their own opinion...
Eric....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't mean to offend you, Eric. I guess
"beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
Of course, if you REALLY want to see
a butt-ugly car...in fact, in my opinion,
the ugliest car on the road, check out
the Cadillac Catera. Why anyone would buy
this car is beyond me, especially when
one could buy an ES 300 for about the same
price.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think the ugliest car on the road is the Toyota Echo. I know it has nothing to do with the IS300, but that's just my 1/2 cent.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Longhorn,
I've seen the IS300 on two separate occasions and don't think the photos do the car justice.... Although it resembles the GS (especially from the back (tail lights)...
Eric...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, you really have to go check it out in person. When I saw a pre-production model at a local dealership in Spectra Blue, I was so giddy it was silly.

And about the GS series, I've always thought they were phat looking. The body styling was luxurious yet still had tons of sportiness in it. If I had more money, I'd definetly get a GS 400 over an IS.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
The GS 400 is a serious car. Somebody please show me better value in this bracket. Okay, if you have to have German solidity, fine, spend a few grand more. I understand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts