Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting IS 250 or 350 but if both cars have same exterior then I would just go for IS 250 AWD.

Is there exterior differences between 250 and 350? :confused:

thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Now I'm not saying I am completely right. But as far as the body the 250 and the 350 are completely identical concerning the structure.

Now the 250 AWD has different wheels than the regular 250/350.
Thats my two cents!

Good luck with the purchase!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Now I'm not saying I am completely right. But as far as the body the 250 and the 350 are completely identical concerning the structure.

Now the 250 AWD has different wheels than the regular 250/350.
Thats my two cents!

Good luck with the purchase!

DOUBLE POST... My bad fella's.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I can tell easily what a 250 and 350 is. The IS350 is a little bit longer, wider and taller. I can tell it best from the back (besides looking at the number palte saying 250/350), even from far distances like anywhere from 50 yards away.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I can tell easily what a 250 and 350 is. The IS350 is a little bit longer, wider and taller. I can tell it best from the back (besides looking at the number palte saying 250/350), even from far distances like anywhere from 50 yards away.
WTF...................:suspiciou

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Absolutely wrong.

The only differences on the outside are:

• The badge. One reads "250" the other one "350" :p
  • The wheels. The 250 has 16" wheels standard, the 350 17" wheels standard. But most 250 are sold with 17" and most 350 with 18" wheels.

It's the exact same car, the main difference is the 350 has 50% more power.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
:wtf: :nono: :shocked: :screwy: :bah: :jawDrop:

·
Registered
43 Posts
WTF...................:suspiciou

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought the exact same thing.

The only difference is the 3 instead of the 2 on the trunk lid.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I am thinking of getting IS 250 or 350 but if both cars have same exterior then I would just go for IS 250 AWD.

Is there exterior differences between 250 and 350? :confused:

thanks in advance
There are no differences between the IS250 and IS350 exterior except for... the badging... and larger wheels due to the larger brakes. You could always order larger OEM rims for your IS250.

Most people will go with the IS350 because of the much more powerful engine and accompanying parts like the larger brakes. If you don't need the performance... then go ahead and get the IS250 and enjoy the gas savings.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Umm... no... :confused:

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought the exact same thing.

The only difference is the 3 instead of the 2 on the trunk lid.
ditto...LOL, sorry man but howardtan, you got ownt..

·
Registered
13 Posts
The calipers:

The IS350's calipers are bigger then the IS250, i believe that is the only difference....

The IS250 also come in 18" so you cant tell by that...

·
Registered
276 Posts
You mean IS vs. GS??? From 50 yards, without a bionic eye to be able to read the badge, it would be impossible to tell the difference (except, as originally posted, RWD vs. AWD)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Absolutely wrong.

The only differences on the outside are:

• The badge. One reads "250" the other one "350" :p
  • The wheels. The 250 has 16" wheels standard, the 350 17" wheels standard. But most 250 are sold with 17" and most 350 with 18" wheels.

It's the exact same car, the main difference is the 350 has 50% more power.
No 16" wheels in US. Std 17", optional 18" (except AWD--just 17")

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here in Altlanta most 250 and 350's are sold with the 18" wheels.

So the way I spot a fellow 350 is the huge rotor on the front wheel. It's nearly as big in diameter as the wheel it's self.

Remember we share the same rotor with the GS

Another clue is if it's a good looking woman it's probably a 250. Not a put down on women since as we know they want the foxy looking vehicle and don't really care about high performance like us guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HAHAHAHA! You caught me. Coming from an '07 Chevy Tahoe, the IS250 had lenty of low-to-the-ground power for me, looks hot, and gets better gas milage than the IS350. The IS250 has my vote for best environmental luxury sports car!

Another clue is if it's a good looking woman it's probably a 250. Not a put down on women since as we know they want the foxy looking vehicle and don't really care about high performance like us guys.

·
Registered
575 Posts
are u on crack? there are NO body differences that u can tell by eye besides the wheels and the massive pipes! dont tell me ull notice a few millimetres of ground clearance difference from 50 yards away, u wanna know how u can tell? either get in back and look at the number, or look for the 5 double spoke mags and bigger exaust pipes, even the calipers wouldnt be noticed from 50 yards. Let me know where you bought those glasses btw ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
The astute observer will note that the IS250 AWD is 15mm taller than the 250 RWD or 350.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts