Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was just wandering if the extended warranties lexus offer can be used on a used Is bought from a private owner. They cost around 1,500 and but im not sure if lexus only offers these for their dealership sales.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
You can ask your local Lexus dealer (sales dept.) about the Lexus extended warranty. If you can't get one from Lexus then there are the outside companies that sell extended warrranties. A word of caution tho, about these companies....you have to find out the different level of coverage, premiuns for each level of coverage, deductable for each level of coverage, what is covered and what is not covered for each level. You want to get the best coverage and 0 deductable for your car, it may cost you $$ but it's worthed. Then you have to find out from your local Lexus dealer which of these outside extented warranty companies they work with because some dealers only work with certain outside extended warranty companies. If you happen to have an extended warranty that your local Lexus dealer does not work with, you will run into a lot of red tape, wind up paying for the cost of the repairs up front and wait to get reimbursed.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
I would take my chances and not buy the extended warranty. If the car comes with records of past maintnance. And is in good mechanical shape, I say it's a waist. Dishing out 1500-2000bucks for extended warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts