Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am to far away for any of the major tuners to perform this so I need to explain what it is to a local ship. I am presuming a transmission shop would perform this? Is this a far better improvement than my ESK? :-?

·
1,717 Posts
this is not ment as a flame but if the shop does not know what one is don't let them touch your trans. A valve body up grade usually involves changing a few springs and valves and usually drilling out of a few holes in the seperator plate. you are in FL if I were you take the trip to Toyomoto and have Lance do it you will be better off.

Henry :chill:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I would prefer Toyomoto do the work and really wouldn't mind the 5 hr drive. However last year I tried to order a header from them and 1 month after the order no header. Would not return e-mails, calls, or faxes so finally just gave up and got it from HP in 2 days! At least they never charged my CC, but still leaves me leary about doing business with them. :(

·
.net superior m.f.
23,236 Posts
drive up to Northern VA and have PFS do it -- it's only 1000 miles for you to drive -- AND you can get your stage2 kit at the same time!

·
Registered
437 Posts
AC556k said:
Yea, I would prefer Toyomoto do the work and really wouldn't mind the 5 hr drive. However last year I tried to order a header from them and 1 month after the order no header. Would not return e-mails, calls, or faxes so finally just gave up and got it from HP in 2 days! At least they never charged my CC, but still leaves me leary about doing business with them. :(

from first hand exp, dont worry about toyomoto's credibility...once you get the wheels in motion, they are pretty good to deal with. try and contact freelance on this site to get any toyomoto questions answered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.