Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never pay more than $120 for a pair of work shoes which is I guess cheap for normal standards. I was looking around and found a pair that's around $200 that I liked. I care a lot more about the price of shoes than shirts. Is expensive shoes worth buying? Do they last a lot longer than the regular ones? What do you guys wear?

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
good question...I think comforst is important and longevity, however, keep in mind that those that may be fashion forward may become a fashion faux pa (sp?) and so who cares if they last 5 years? to me, $200 doesn't seem unreasonable for a nice pair of work shoes

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
i sued to rock expensive kicks, but the payoff isn't worth it.. there are plenty of full leather knock offs and places like banana or j crew or K. Cole or wherever that are fine.

CLOTHES ont he other hand is an entirely different story. try finding a store that sells a quality shirt like Pink's... sure its hella pricey, but once you own one....

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Kenneth Cole.. $95 (my 2nd pair)

Very comfortable, durable, and stylish... The original price was $160.. I've noticed that most fancy men's shoes like Santoni or Ferraganos look great while new but aren't very durable and don't last long.. They should only be worn on special occasions.....
Eric....

·
Registered
167 Posts
DO you actually enjoy wearing these types of shoes? If so it shouldn't matter if you can afford them and want them. If you buy them as an obligatory accessory for your professional life but would rather wear checkered vans then no.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I was just in a similar situation the other day when I went to buy a watch I was going to buy one for 250 but then decided to buy one that was almost as nice for about 100. A watch should last longer then shoes but it's the same principle and plus you usually can't tell the dif between 150 pair of shoes and a 300 pair

·
11,062 Posts
My opinion about shoes: If the FIT well they are candidates. If I like them, I'll spend money...but NEVER more than $200 (I'm not wealthy).
Having comfy, supported feet is very important.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Well when I was in college, I was a shoe salesman at an upscale departement store. I have seen many types of shoe and how they hold up.

I would have to say that for the money, Kenneth Cole makes great shoes.

I wear K. Cole and not because of the name, but because it lasts long and looks nice. The most I have spent on a pair was $160. Actually they were a gift form my exgf, so I really didn't buy them. It's called the Florence (made in Italy) I believe and it is a real nice brown color, I bought my self the black version of that shoe also.

The funny thing is that I have had that brown pair she bought me for about 6 months now and I have NEVER wore them.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
winedoc said:
comfort is more important for me, so I wear ecco
i went into a store and looked at some of their shoes. They looked nice, but I almost choked when I looked at the price tag. I rarely spend more than $100 on a pair of shoes. I did get a real nice pair of shoes on clearance from Men's Wearhouse that were normally $180 on sale for $35. If they wear out, you can always get them re-soled at a shoe repair place.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
PMD911 said:
I never pay more than $120 for a pair of work shoes which is I guess cheap for normal standards. I was looking around and found a pair that's around $200 that I liked. I care a lot more about the price of shoes than shirts. Is expensive shoes worth buying? Do they last a lot longer than the regular ones? What do you guys wear?
It depends. I have had Mephisto ($240 and real comfy, New Balance ($160 great support ) and others. Usually the more expensive shoes look better because they use higher quality materials on the uppers. If you tend to wear your soles out and they can be resoled then definitely worth it. But if you wear out the uppers maybe not. Hell, if you are loaded, just buy them both and switch off days. :wink:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Pssh 200 dollars is nothing. Last spring I bought a pair of Prada America's Cup shoe and those things cost me damn near 300 bucks! I think every man should have atleast one pair of expensive shoes, not to wear everyday mind you. Just once in awhile can make all the difference.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
PMD911 said:
Definitely not..... I have found the more expensive the shoe, the more attractive the shoe is to my dog who enjoys to bury them in the yard... I have quite a few pair of expensive shoe

·
Chocolate Goodness
34,363 Posts
I usually don't spend too much on shoes. I like the brand "Florsheim", they put out some very comfortable shoes, great looking and of great quality. They have the "Comfortech" system in most of their shoes, amazingly comfortable, and very good pricing. You can get very good shoes in the $100-$150 range. Check them out.

I've had shoes from most of the expensive brands Bally, Salvatore Ferragamo, etc. While they look very good and feel great, usually they don't last as long. Kudos to the guy that had a Bally for 4 years.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
45 Participants
alphastrike
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing