Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i bought my IS the owner said that the reason why the CEL is on was because of a malfunctioning o2 sensor, he showed me the paperwork and we agreed to take the cost of the sensor off the price, the quote was 240, so 2 days later i go to the dealership and, ive never been to a lexus dealership before and i have to say that place was, nice, inside reminded me of a starbucks, well anyways, i go talk to the service rep, and we talk and he does an inspection and it winds up to be $400 for the sensor, but then he also tells me i need new brakes and tires, so ... my wallet was gunna hurt, i decided to get the brakes and a 75k mile service + sensor, but not the tires, total came out to be $1006, anyway im lil upset at the price and i asked him what discounts i can get, and he says he can take 150 off leavin me at 950 ish, so i say fine, wait 2 hours and he comes and tells me well, i was able to get 150 off and a discount for somthing else i cant remeber, so my total came out to be 821. so i kind of did pay the original price for the sensor. Personally i dont think its that bad considering its a lexus, next time ill try to go to a toyota dealership and see if i get a better deal

·
Premium Member
21,418 Posts
Coulda saved more money by doing the brakes yourself, buying tires online, and getting an o2 sensor from AutoZone for like $80. Do research nect time and itll save you money.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
just did my brakes yesterday. not hard at all!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Wow that's ridiculous. But as someone said above it's your responsibility to find a cheaper alternate route. Dealer is the last resort unless you are under warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts