Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve bought a new compressor and condenser and removed all lines they had some hardened green stuff around the orings seemed clean inside. The compressor was leaking through the middle of sensor and at seams where it’s held together. The condenser leaking where the evap bag access thing is. Just wondering if I can blow expansion valve out at firewall under hood or if it will be ok or if I need to try and replace which I don’t want to do if it involves dash and all that I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I’ve bought a new compressor and condenser and removed all lines they had some hardened green stuff around the orings seemed clean inside. The compressor was leaking through the middle of sensor and at seams where it’s held together. The condenser leaking where the evap bag access thing is. Just wondering if I can blow expansion valve out at firewall under hood or if it will be ok or if I need to try and replace which I don’t want to do if it involves dash and all that I haven’t had a chance to look at it yet
I would replace it. With the poor condition the system was in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts