Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, I bought a Megan header off another member on here and installed it the following day. Now depending on if I have people in the car or not, I'm getting a rattle from my Apexi GT spec exhaust. The piping is hitting in 2 spots. One is right at the bend by the gas tank, and the other is where the piping bends under the rear suspension. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Have not had this issue, prolly the megans length pushing everything back just a bit, im kinda buzzed so ill come back to this tomorrow.
D

·
Registered
136 Posts
i just put on my megan headers and y pipe(new) this sunday that past.. i got a cat back 3" with a world sport muffler.. at first it sounded supper freaking loud.. but now it sound better like it needs a couple days to brake in... that rattle might be from the b pipe i believe its called idk.. right where the catback starts.. but it goes away.. idk in your situation.. so far im happy with mine.. i noticed a really good gain.. mine quited down a little bit but that was a good thing i didnt want it to rattle all the time.. now it sound throaty like a supra..

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Last time I had this problem with my toyomoto ypipe and Greddy Evo. I found out I bent the hell out of it from most likely a speed bump.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know its hitting, because I've had the car up on a rack to look at it. Also, I just have the car lowered on eibach prokits, and very rarely scrape the end of the muffler. The header repositioned the exhaust, but I'm not sure how exactly I can get it to sit right again.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
i had a little rattle when i put my headders on. i had one of the o2 sensors not completely tightened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts