Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
probably one of the best sounding exhausts ive heard, i like what you did +rep. i also love the sound of the greddy evo 2 as well
thanks man! its cost over 1000 bucks to get the sound i wanted haha. It doest have to cost this much though. if you're going down the custom route have an idea what you want before you start shelling out money. ive gone through 2 different custom b and y pipes, 3 mufflers, and 3 different exhaust shops to get what i wanted. Dont do it that way cause its costs way too much money to try out so many combos. do it right the first time

·
Registered
75 Posts
probably one of the best sounding exhausts ive heard, i like what you did +rep. i also love the sound of the greddy evo 2 as well
agreed....it sounds deeper then an axleback but as soft and smooth as an axleback.....its just great, you would never know you had all that under your hood....i wish i could just steal ur whole setup lol

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
thanks man! its cost over 1000 bucks to get the sound i wanted haha. It doest have to cost this much though. if you're going down the custom route have an idea what you want before you start shelling out money. ive gone through 2 different custom b and y pipes, 3 mufflers, and 3 different exhaust shops to get what i wanted. Dont do it that way cause its costs way too much money to try out so many combos. do it right the first time
thanks for the advice man...should be able to keep me in the right direction

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
here's another for the Ti-C

Exhaust: Greddy Ti-C (no silencer)
Rating: 7
Loudness: 10
Quality: 9
Overall: 8

freeway drone is loud 'cause it's at ~3krpm; exhaust is loudest at around 3krpm... i've had it for a year almost and no problems with it yet. i love the sound.. deep and sexy :)

short sound clip: YouTube - IS300 Greddy Ti-C Exhaust

·
Registered
261 Posts
Exhaust: HKS Dragger II
Rating:10
Loudness: 5
Quality: 10
Overall: 10

if you dont like too quiet and also too loud that gets on your nerve and annnoying lol well this is for you. its deep and smooth sound very nice music to my ear :)

i just got mine installed today and i love it! watched all the videos and it cant compare to all of them! its wayy better! i recommend when going to meets and stuff thats the right way to pick a sound of your choice because you cant really tell on videos its just wayy diffrent..

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
What is the horse power add with the Tanabe Touring Medalion? I'm digging the subtle deep tone and am looking to do my exhaust. Any suggestions for a Y Pipe to go with this and what are the HP gains on that too? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
First one on the HKS TI-limited

Exhaust: HKS TI- Limited Exhaust (axle back only)
Rating: 9
Loudness: 2
Overall: 9
This exhaust is awesome if you looking for a quiet stock like ride and at WOT you can tell you have a non stock exhaust ..Looks great and sounds great (little deeper then stock)
Soon I will be adding a Megan header and Y-pipe .
Ill add videos soon .... with just axle back and header - y pipe - and axle back.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Exhaust: Tanabe Concept G
Header/Y-Pipe?: Stock headers/y-pipe
Rating: 9
-Loudness: 6
-Quality: 10
-Overall: 9

Comments:
I've heard many different types of exhausts, ranging from Apexi N1/WS2 to HKS Hi-powers, to even magnaflows. These Tanabe's are rated to be fairly quiet, but have a great tone to them. Definitely quiet at crusing speeds, but anything above 3000rpm or so, you can definitely hear it kick it, great tone and not much droning at all. It may drone ever so slightly if you stay at 2100rpm or so, but on an auto tranny, crusing rpms are a bit lower then that. Great oval tip design too.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Bump. Just uploaded a video I took this morning. Don't have one yet from outside the car or with the windows open... this is cabin noise.

I have the full OBX setup, header, ypipe, catback... everything from the motor back is OBX. It's loud a sin, but it also has an awesome sound when cruising. No cats, 2 resonators, small little muffler.

YouTube - IS300 - Full OBX Exhaust (with K&N, Cabin Sound)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
This should be a sticky....an informative helpful thread.

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Exhaust: Greddy Evo II cat back w/ toyomoto y-pipe and HP headers
Rating: 8.76
Loudness: 10
Overall: 8
All i gotta say is low rumble and WOT is crazyness..

Vid

101 - 120 of 241 Posts