Lexus IS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I picked up a used Apexi N1 today and cant wait to install it after work tomorrow.
When you get the installation done with and over could you provide us with a review and maybe a video clip or too?

We don't hear too much about the Apexi N1. But I'm intrested in hearing it. And some personal owner reviews.

Thanks,
-Jared

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Anyone with the HKS Carbon TI?

Also very few videos out with the exhaust being the only performance mod besides maybe an intake.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anyone with the HKS Carbon TI?

Also very few videos out with the exhaust being the only performance mod besides maybe an intake.
the carbon Ti sound pretty much exact with the Hiper. And finding a video with just an exhaust is a little hard but theres a few on youtube with the carbon Ti

Edit: Rantz67 found a carbon Ti for you with everything else stock
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RKyHj2i5ts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
the carbon Ti sound pretty much exact with the Hiper. And finding a video with just an exhaust is a little hard but theres a few on youtube with the carbon Ti

Edit: Rantz67 found a carbon Ti for you with everything else stock
YouTube - IS 300 HKS Carbon TI
Yes sir thats about the only Carbon TI alone I've come across. But there are some other unwanted noises.

But here have some +rep for your effort!

The Exhaust Competition video has really had me setteled on the TI today. But is it really worth the money over a Hiper or Dragger II. Anyone with a personal review?

Thanks,
-Jared

·
Registered
47 Posts
Probably going to get flamed for this since I don't have the video yet to back it up...everything stock, I did a muffler delete (kept mid resonator) and I am very pleased with the sound. No rasp and nice high pitched sound. I really haven't heard other exhausts so I can't rate this one in terms of loudness but it's fairly loud.

-Very low exhaust noise when not on throttle at any RPM
-loud note between 2K-3.8K (WOT) in and around car
-loud high pitched 3.8K-Rev limit (WOT) behind car
-very noticable gurgle on lift throttle
-$40 for used stock axle-back (wanted to keep one for swapping to stock)
-$50 for muffler shop fitting

I took my friend around who drives a 350z(nismo exhaust) and he was very impressed with the sound and note. I will get video up as soon as I have time.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Exhaust: HKS Dragger 2
Header/Y-Pipe?: Stocks
Rating: 7-8
-Loudness: 5
-Quality:8
-Overall:8

I used to have the HKS TI Limited. Loved the looks and power it gave, but i wanted the sound. Under normal driving and "WOT" i didn't hear anything. (ALL intake sound)

Since i swapped to the Dragger 2. GOD DAMN i love the thing. While normal driving conditions its has a solid tone to it thats noticable but not annoying. When you are crusing at a higher rate. The tones gets louder (more racy type) at 3k rpms. Makes me think i have a supra. Once again. Love the thing. I have a youtube viedo of me doing a cold start. The digital camera is kinda shitty so please excuse that. Enjoy the video.

YouTube - IS300 HKS Dragger 2 Exhaust

·
Registered
882 Posts
Here's that video of my Apexi N1 i installed the other day.

Exhaust: Apexi N1 (rear portion)
Header/Y-Pipe: Stock
Rating: 7-8
Loudness: 5
Quality: 9
Overall: 8

While just cruising around town it's very very quiet. It's a slight hum. In my opinion it could be slightly louder, but I'm satisfied. I only picked up the back pipe and can for only $150.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
^^^ Sweet vid!

From the vids I hear the Apexi gives off a raspy sound at high RMP's.

Have you noticed any raspy tones? In the video it's nice a deep!

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
That sounds exactly like my hiper, nice and deep.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I dont notice the raspy-ness of this exhaust. On the way to work this morning on the 5 South it wasnt that loud at all. No droning what-so-ever. I'm glad this sounds very similar to the HKS Hiper, since i was also looking for that one as well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Probably going to get flamed for this since I don't have the video yet to back it up...everything stock, I did a muffler delete (kept mid resonator) and I am very pleased with the sound. No rasp and nice high pitched sound. I really haven't heard other exhausts so I can't rate this one in terms of loudness but it's fairly loud.

-Very low exhaust noise when not on throttle at any RPM
-loud note between 2K-3.8K (WOT) in and around car
-loud high pitched 3.8K-Rev limit (WOT) behind car
-very noticable gurgle on lift throttle
-$40 for used stock axle-back (wanted to keep one for swapping to stock)
-$50 for muffler shop fitting

I took my friend around who drives a 350z(nismo exhaust) and he was very impressed with the sound and note. I will get video up as soon as I have time.

Why would you have to buy a used stock axle back to do a muff delete?..Also what $50 fitting is needed to do this?..Stop embarrasing yourself and just buy a decent exhaust, end of story...Its things like this that degrades the IS300 into and the next "civic"...:pissed:

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have a Tanabe Hyper Medallion, no muffler delete...Sounds awesome and looks great...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm just trying to contribute. I didn't realize my hometown of Honolulu had such losers such as yourself who just come onto the forums acting like their so high and mighty...

I don't think my car is comparable to a civic just because I don't have a muffler now...what is your logic?

You have your opinion, but you really do go out of your way to be an a$$. I think you should grow up a bit.

I bought a used one so I could go back to stock as I please...is that such a dumb idea?

The muffler shop had to cut and weld...how much do you charge?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm just trying to contribute. I didn't realize my hometown of Honolulu had such losers such as yourself who just come onto the forums acting like their so high and mighty...

I don't think my car is comparable to a civic just because I don't have a muffler now...what is your logic?

You have your opinion, but you really do go out of your way to be an a$$. I think you should grow up a bit.

I bought a used one so I could go back to stock as I please...is that such a dumb idea?

The muffler shop had to cut and weld...how much do you charge?
Call me what you like but most members here look down upon these "ghetto" mods...If all you had to do is remove the muffler, why did you have to buy another one?..Havent u looked under your car to realize its 2 bolts and a few rubber hangers to remove the stock muffler?..Did you buy your IS 300 without a muffler?...There should be no cutting and welding involved unless you're trying to hack a 40 series flowmaster muffler(or your muff of choice) to the stock piping...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Apexi WS2
loudness: "2" w/header & y-pipe "3"
looks: "8" (this is more for personal opinion)
qaulity: "10"

basically this is the one for you guys that want the quiet deep tone. even with headers and y-pipe the sound is barely noticable. a lot of ppl want that G35 sound and this is probably as close as you can get to it. at WOT it does get a little louder but thats because i have headers and y-pipe installed. hope that helps ;)

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/Tiraflecha/Photo_0102.jpg
hey Mike your rating sounds exactly like what i want... (no pun intended) ..thanks for posting the photo... do you happen to have any videos or sound clips? I'm about to search for some videos of this exhaust. thanks again. +rep

·
Registered
108 Posts
hey all.. I have a question about the 1-10 sound rating.. where would the stock IS exhaust rank? Just curious if it would be considered 0 as a comparison point or more like a one ... awesome thread, thanks so much.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
hey all.. I have a question about the 1-10 sound rating.. where would the stock IS exhaust rank? Just curious if it would be considered 0 as a comparison point or more like a one ... awesome thread, thanks so much.
hahaha good point. In my opinion it would have to get a 1. The stock is is so freaking quiet. Its kinda sad. Such a big 3in tip there and..... what do you know.... no sound.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
61 - 80 of 241 Posts