Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing an 01 on Sunday and its an auto. I would like exhaust but dont like how exhaust sound on autos. I am looking for hp gain and wondering will I still see gains with headers and a y-pipe with stock exhaust? I guess im unsure if its pointsless if the stock cat-back is super restrictive. Would the car still be pretty quiet with that setup? Thanks

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
from what i've heard and read. the stock muffler is really restrictive. You'll most likely free up some hp by removing all 3 cats. i've never put my stock muffler on with my headers and y pipe but i've heard from members that have muzzuri headers and stock muffler that it really sounds bad and fart can like. correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You can buy a quiet exhaust. Check out the Apex-i WS2. Actually, if you do a search on the forum for the WS2, I'm sure you'll come across some of my posts about it. I used to own it and loved it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have an Apexi N1 on my 01 and it sounds awesome. It's not too loud like the mazzurri and is really deep. It's not bad even on the freeway, but it really opens up when you get on it.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Ive heard the greddy sp and it was a nice stock sound. If you want a mean loud exhaust buy my mazzuri SRS system. :O)

·
Registered
650 Posts
which exhausts can pass for stock look? the only one i can think of is the carson l tune??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts