Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if dropping my car would effect the speed of the car? i have blitz nur spec and xerd pipe. i raced my friend when i was stock hieght only had xerd pipe and i won by half a car. But when i raced him today with my car just lower with coilovers and blitz exhuast i lost by half a car... However i had a golf bag in the trunk while racing today and didnt the other time. But doubt 30 lbs would matter that much? can someone explain? thanks

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
is your car and his car both auto or manual??? if they're both auto...then it's harder to explain...but if both are manual, i'd go with the shifting points and launch rpm and so on...

just my 2 cents cause lowering the car really won't make that much of a diff...maybe in the launch but on a street car it shouldn't make too much of a diff...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
both auto... hm wierd.. when i was stock w/ xerd pipe i cant pull on him and he cant pull on me. but when i ran him with exhaust and xerd pipe + coils i noticed that he pulls on me a bit..i launched on him n he actually catched up n tied me or beat me.. instead of i launched on him n it stayed a half car deficit.. ? any advice?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
that is a little strange...on some cars, an exhaust will help with top end...meaning the upper power band...this is due to the way the exhaust gas pulses work...they help free up most of the hp lost with the restriction...this is a generalization by the way...

anyhow...so what you might want to try doing is to change back your exhaust and see if it goes back to the way it was...better yet...take your car to the track and do this more scientifically. make runs with and without the exhaust...i know it's a lot to do, but that's the only way you'll really find out why your car is doing this.

ppl can speculate all they want, but the only real way is to experiment...

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i m thinking about taking it to track. Today i tried Gate shifting which i dont believe its faster then just regular auto and it is faster i found out. I dont know why but on gate shift you get more grip off the line... and you can lip reline n shift to 2nd with more boost to each gear?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts