Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, after having my asshole beamer friend flooring his AC exhaust 330ci in my face, I am seriously considering putting a nice exhaust on. After extensive search, I pretty much have an idea about what kind of sound I am looking for. (Welcome to correct me if I am wrong). Here is what I got!

Silent: Stock
Quiet: Rmm, Carson, Ltuned
Medium: HKS Carbon Ti, Tanabe Hyper Catback/Axile
Loud: Greddy...

But, all these are in relative terms to one another and even with videos and clips, it's still really hard to tell. So, I want to compare to something that I heard before or seen, how does stock G35 or Z350 fit in to this scale so that I will have a better idea of what I wanna get. I'm leaning toward either a Carson tuned or Tanabe Hyper.... suggestions welcome~ Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
GReddy makes beautiful exhausts...though...yes they are super loud. My friend had an EVO2 exhaust, and then he went to a Ti. If you have the money, pick up a Ti. It's super light, and has a very nice exhaust tone, though the end might be a bit big for you...and it is extremely loud. I think it's at around 108 dB at around 3500 rpm. Well, that's in my friend's Evo anyway.

I still think it's an excellent exhaust.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
sounds to me like you need headers ;D

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have the HKS Drager 2 with a Pro-1 race pipe, and it sounds real nice. As far as comparing to a G or 350, they have a V6 VQ35, which has a totally different sound than our I6 2jz. But as it was mentioned above, a header will really make a HUGE difference tone wise.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
eggroll1984 said:
okay, after having my asshole beamer friend flooring his AC exhaust 330ci in my face, I am seriously considering putting a nice exhaust on.
why dont you slap on the team lexus exhaust system..that will blow him away..literally!:lol:

but yea from my experience from the hyper, its a nice sounding exhaust

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
eggroll1984 said:
But, all these are in relative terms to one another and even with videos and clips, it's still really hard to tell. So, I want to compare to something that I heard before or seen, how does stock G35 or Z350 fit in to this scale so that I will have a better idea of what I wanna get. !
compared to the stock 350z....all the exhausts HKS hyper, tanabe, greddy...will be louder....if u dont wan tto go any louder than the stock 350z....the closest your gonna get is the carson tuned

·
Registered
698 Posts
When I was looking for an exhaust, I wanted something that sounded good yet not too loud and raunchy...The Hyper medallion suits my taste well...Not too loud, but deep and sporty...Im thinking about headers but I am worried about it being too loud...When I pick up a beater/daily driver, then I wont care too much...Depends which style you prefer, I prefer the oval can style over N1 cannister style...I guess it all comes down to prefrence...good luck in your choice...

Reactions: eggroll1984

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Kingu 808 said:
I prefer the oval can style over N1 cannister style...I guess it all comes down to prefrence...good luck in your choice...
same here!

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
You can add the HKS Ti Limited to the quiet section. I love mine! It has a smooth, deep tone. Plus, I think it is the best looking exhaust out there. I'm just waiting to get some headers and take it up a notch.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kingu 808 said:
When I was looking for an exhaust, I wanted something that sounded good yet not too loud and raunchy...QUOTE] thanks guys, same as Kingu, that's exactlly what I am looking for, and thanks to willy who answered my question, +raps. Personally, I also prefer the oval shaped design and I'm leaning really far toward the Tanabe Hyper than the Carson-Tuned. I have no intension to blow my ass beamer friend away but just to make him see our car the way I do.

*any carson-tuned fans, you still got a chance before I go ahead and get myself a Hyper!

·
Registered
286 Posts
click on the little black dude in the bottom corner of the username area where the plus sign is.

·
Registered
698 Posts
eggroll1984 said:
Kingu 808 said:
When I was looking for an exhaust, I wanted something that sounded good yet not too loud and raunchy...QUOTE] thanks guys, same as Kingu, that's exactlly what I am looking for, and thanks to willy who answered my question, +raps. Personally, I also prefer the oval shaped design and I'm leaning really far toward the Tanabe Hyper than the Carson-Tuned. I have no intension to blow my ass beamer friend away but just to make him see our car the way I do.

*any carson-tuned fans, you still got a chance before I go ahead and get myself a Hyper!
Just want to add, Im positive you will be happy with the looks/sound of the hyper...I dont care for the look of the carson-tuned exhaust...I like the rolled edges of the tanabe hyper...Similar to greddy SP2 exhausts(e.g. back in the day when GSRs came out, I liked how it looked with greddy exhaust)...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Silent: Stock
Quiet: Rmm, Carson, Ltuned
Medium: HKS Carbon Ti, Tanabe Hyper Catback/Axile
Loud: Greddy...

where does the hks dragger 2 fall on this list?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
i would say the dragger is louder than the hyper...from what it sounds like from your video and the video i have with my hyper..but dont quote me on that one because the way the videos were recorded can throw off the sound

1 - 20 of 21 Posts