Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i jst installed the toyomoto gen 2 header and there y-pipe, mated to the factory b pipe and that mated to the hks dragger 2.

im pretty sure i have a leak somewhere. im getting a hissing sound under hard acceleration. i used the gasket from toyomoto but it was a little bit distorted. will tat cause a leak?

will using the rtv hightemp silicon sealent help solve the leak?

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
will tat cause a leak?

it's a possibility...

will using the rtv hightemp silicon sealent help solve the leak?

maybe temp fix but i wouldn't trust it longterm...

best thing to do is to get the car on a lift and inspect each connection to find the leak...then get a new gasket...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
take it to a muffler shop and have them check it out. If you cant get a gasket to rid of the leak or if the parts don't fit right, have them cut it and weld it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i can tell u that the leak will most likely come from header to y pipe connection. y pipe to stock B pipe, u can use OEM crush gaskets as well as stock B pipe to dragger.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone know where i can get the gasket between the header and y pipe for the toyomoto header?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
anyone know where i can get the gasket between the header and y pipe for the toyomoto header?
PM nless_dream (the guy that posted right above you). Check out the link in his sig. I have a gasket from him, and it took care of the leak I had.

·
Registered
381 Posts
What intake you have? I have in SRT and that thing makes my car hiss not the exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts