Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys~ this is my first post~ just want to ask a quick question~ with the best intake+exhaust how fast will my car run from 0-60?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
cHoCoKoKo said:
HI guys~ this is my first post~ just want to ask a quick question~ with the best intake+exhaust how fast will my car run from 0-60?
That depends on a number of issues...
Are you talking after the mods, traction, shifting (5sd vs auto), etc...

Intake/Exhaust:
Are you looking for the most power, do you want something quiet with good power? Is money an issue?

Post some more info and we'll be able to give you some good suggestions. 8)
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
565 Posts
for intake the SRT gives the most HP and for exhaust...HKS exhausts give out the most power.....all depends though

·
Registered
742 Posts
cHoCoKoKo said:
is intake + exhaust just a waste of money? only way to go is turbo?
pretty much...not worth to waste money on intake and exhaust...and not what u expect..unless u wanna waste your money for sound..go ahead..but i'm just helping u out before u waste the money..Just Keep saving up...or spend it on another part of the car thats worth it

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i've read alot of guys that have srt and hiper and teckground kit and they all said that they have "notiiceable gian" so i was just wondering... thank you guys

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yes. they are addicting!

i spent my money on an Injen Intake, Blitz SUS Filter, Greddy Evo Exhaust, Teck grounding kit....thats about it for engine mods...

for looks, i have Blitz Eyelids, JDM antenna, 20% tints...
thats about $1000 right there

then im getting rims next...

saving the rest up for FI!

i suggest u save up too unless u cant wait for small power gains :lol:

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
i had an SRT and GReddy exhaust and I just sold my SRT and put the PLP Silent Flow intake back on.... and I can definately tell a difference at higher RPMS. But that's MOSTLY due to the fact that I don't have the R-ECU anymore.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
with force induction......the modifications become a big time investment and big time maintainence........................

if you don't plan on spending 7500-10,000....stay N/A

think about getting :
plp intake(closed box-not vunerable to heat soak)
any exhaust which makes power (people on here have proven to make power with HKS)
race pipe...to get rid of that 3rd cat (XERD or toyomoto..research that before you buy)
and maybe a shift kit (TBKO has a button kit, or a torque converter)

out of all those things....torque converter would help the 0-60 most...but it will also cost around 1000+ installed

FOR 0-60, YOU WANT LOW-END TORQUE!!!!

these are mods for auto....

most people on this forum don't mind spending a butt-load on money on their car...that's why they recommend turbo..i want turbo also...
buy no $$$ :x

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
for 0-60, get a torque converter. youll see more results from that.
i have the K&N fipk intake and apexi n1 cat back exhaust. honestly, i think my is300 is just as fast as a 2001 with srt and hks hiper.. tho im sure everyone will disagree.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i have an 01 eshift, and from what i hear...srt w/ the r-ecu and the HKS are the best bet, i actually want the drager II tho...any opinions? also, heard a lot about torque converters...i can obviously do a search, but i was just wondering if i can get anyones personal opinions on that too...thanks.

2001 Spectra Blue- Teck 12V grouding kit/LED parking lights/Altezza grill/ clear corners/ Srt w/ r-ecu on order/ thinkin about HKS drager II.......only 12,000 miles :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts