Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am curently set on the apexi ws2 and the greddy sp2 i need to know from you guys wich one is a better choice i dont want it to be super raspy i want a deep tone and some what quiet i am trying to stay away from loud i just want alittle more noise so between these two what are your opp's .

·
Registered
346 Posts
i've been researching as well by using the search tool...

So far...
out of the two you have listed Apexi WS2 is deep and quiet...

I am leaning into for L-Tuned, L-Sportline, or Borla.

L-Tuned and L-Sportline are both Discontinued so hopefully ill find one on WTB section.

Also Tanable Medallion is a good choice from what ive read.

·
Registered
472 Posts
why not check out some videos on youtube? i know its not the same as hearing it in person but it can give you an idea of what they'll sound like

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Ive never heard any in life, only sound clips online.

Apexi ws2 is the best imo. Nice and quiet (keeps the lexus a lexus)

·
Registered
594 Posts
id go with the apexi ws2 of the videos ive heard they sound nice good deep tone

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Apexi, no contest.

It keeps the car very classy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i have searched online thats what made me narrown down my choices . I was leaning towards the apexi so thats what i will get thanx alot guys.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Have you heard the Tanabe Hyper Medallion? Sounds like it'd fit your wants also.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Go with a Greddy EVO 2, It's got a deep sound and not raspy at all!!!! well worth the money!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i bought and installed the apexi ws2 and a injen intake loving the sound now wiht headers on the way i am getting really excited haha

·
Registered
834 Posts
i just installed a WS2 with xerd headers and y pipe... it sounds awesome its deep ill make a video of as soon as my camera charges up

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have the Greddy SP2 ...its pretty pimp!
It was between the Apexi WC2 and the Greddy SP2 for me also...I went with the Greddy SP2 because it gives a better tone at WOT. Both are the same loudness at idle, but I assure you the growl of the Greddy SP2 at WOT is very sexy.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have the Greddy SP2 ...its pretty pimp!
It was between the Apexi WC2 and the Greddy SP2 for me also...I went with the Greddy SP2 because it gives a better tone at WOT. Both are the same loudness at idle, but I assure you the growl of the Greddy SP2 at WOT is very sexy.
We can't all be sure of which exhaust is louder , deeper , etc. only video clips of each exhaust will give him a nice guide into one he favors . I personally have a greddy ti-c opted with a megan ypipe . here are 2 clips of the exhaust from youtube YouTube - Static X Motorsports - PRODUCT - Greddy TI-C - Lexus IS300
YouTube - Greddy Ti-C Lexus IS300
Hope these help out :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts