Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 2001 IS and for so odd reason their is some excessive heat coming from my engine? I did get into an accident back in Feb, but there was no damage to the engine. I've took it to the dealer since then. I even feel the heat coming from underneath my steering wheel and my passenger side onto my legs.

Any ideas why? Thanks everyone.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
in other words...excessive heat isn't coming from your engine...excessive heat is coming into the driver's side of your car...is this correct???

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Dulsen said:
Hey everyone,

I have a 2001 IS and for so odd reason their is some excessive heat coming from my engine? I did get into an accident back in Feb, but there was no damage to the engine. I've took it to the dealer since then. I even feel the heat coming from underneath my steering wheel and my passenger side onto my legs.

Any ideas why? Thanks everyone.
ive experienced this too.. although its only sometimes.. usually you can tell easier when its cooler out.. it just feels like the heater is on, but its really not..

·
Registered
579 Posts
I had this problem in my Blazer for a long time. It turned out to be the heater core was bad, and when I took it all apart to replace it, I noticed the controls on my vent system were broken. The heater vent would never really shut, and it would let hot air in the cab constanlty. You might want to check out the vent system, maybe something is stuck/broken.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just to add to my reply, Did you have an aftermarket system installed? If so, I would definetly check out the vent/control system. They may have jacked something up when installed the stereo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems like the heat is coming from both the driver and passenger side. My boy said he felt heat on is leg too. I haven't had any mods to my engine, beside an aftermarket intake, but besides that, nothing......no stereo systems or anything. I guess I'll ask about the problem at the dealer when I get my 40K checkup.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts