Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet...

IMHO the best review out there at is at www.thecarplace.com

Also, how does Graphite Grey Pearl hide swirl marks? I'm deciding between GGP or the silver. I'm not the kind to wax a car every 2 weeks...

Is it me or is the IS300 not doing to well in Canada?
According to canadiandriver.com only 91 have sold so far. Some interesting numbers under the "Luxury Car" story.
I haven't seen many at all in B.C.
All the better, as I'll get a fair amount off MSRP.

Excuse me while I peddle off an old '93 GS300...

Cheers,

Mike

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
one of my friends is an auto detailer and he says that silver is the best color for people who don't have the time to care for their cars. but, it fades the fastest. in other words, lets say you took off your fuel door (for arguments sake) and then left it on the side (away from the sun)for a month or two. park your car in the sun everyday, then put the door back on. the color of the door will probably be a little off color than the rest of the car. as for the graphite grey, or any other pearl for that matter, it will probably hide swirls better than a solid dark color. my black car is notorious for swirl marks so i have to really watch how i care for it. i think if you choose either the silver or the grey, you should have less problems than lets say a black car.

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

[This message has been edited by HyperMKIV (edited November 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i am either getting black onyx or graphite gray pearl, because it will hide engine grime and my handprints of engine grime all over the car, pretty well until i get a chance to wash it.
plus, those colors are the least reflective of laser speed detection, and every little bit helps, if only the front end came to a complete point, it would really be hard to detect.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I have a GGP and it does NOT hide swirls marks what so ever. After my 2nd service (inner roof liner vibration and front console squeaking) from Lexus, they washed my car without my knowledge. I didn't ask for a car wash and they didn't ask me or tell me if I wanted a car wash. I would have said no because the eff-ed it up the 1st time (1k service). Well an hour later, I walked out of the and low and behold there are mad swirls all over my car. Even a few faint scratches. Oh well, life goes on. Will be zymol-ing it in a few weeks.... again..

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
541 Posts
Originally posted by Chiphead:
7.0 was on a computer.
Normally a human being drives my car, not a piece DOS software. ^_^

By the way, here is a little code snippet that'll produce more accurate results for the IS300 than "CarTest," the program used by the reviewer.

if (0 == strcmp(userInput, "IS300")) {
cout << "0 to 60 in 7.5s" << endl;
}

[This message has been edited by Young (edited November 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
541 Posts
Shhhh...don't spill the beans! I was hoping to market a competitor to CarTest. My program would consist of 1000 if-statements, each one returning the 0-60 number as given by Car And Driver for a particular make. Guaranteed to be more accurate than CarTest!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Mike, where in BC can you get a fair amount off MSRP. How fair is it? A few grands??

Originally posted by Mike S:
I haven't seen many at all in B.C.
All the better, as I'll get a fair amount off MSRP.

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts