Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam having my cousin make a adapter plate to get a set of Used Brembos to mate with my car. Has anyone done this yet? If so please leave some feedback. Ill post some pictures as iam doing this in another thread as well as this one. But any info you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Were looking to get both front and rear done.
Evo Rotors, Calipers and after market steal braided lines.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
679 Posts
I didn't use the Evo's, I bought mine new. I had to make custom brackets to fit my Brembo's since they don't make a BBK for our cars. Made them out of Cobalt because its a very strong material and used for high temperature. That and I didn't want the damn thing to break if I nailed the brakes. Take your time to do it right and it should come out looking something like this:

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
^ Do you have any pictures of the bracket you made?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
that looks sick! GJ + rep

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to bring up this thread but i think it is better to resurrect an old thread then to post another with the same questions.

I have an opportunity to get a cheap set of front calipers off an evo8, just wondering as it has been quite some time since the original post, does anyone know of a bracket ready made that I could purchase? I'm in Australia, fabrication over here isn't very common for this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still havent messed around with the idea. when i get a set off a car i could look it up if anything have the plate made yet i just used a set of supra TT front calipers for now.

·
Registered
57 Posts
this setup would be sick.. someone please provide experience if you have it available. LOL =)

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
ooor you can use the readily available Supra calipers and add on a 90dollar adapter that's been proven and call it a day

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
are the hub sizes on the rotors the same from an EVO to an IS?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ooor you can use the readily available Supra calipers and add on a 90dollar adapter that's been proven and call it a day
or you can just stay out of here. I already knew about the supra kit. Seriously man.

Theres too many people doing the same things and throwing new ideas out the window..

I still have yet to check on the evo kit.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
or you can just stay out of here. I already knew about the supra kit. Seriously man.

Theres too many people doing the same things and throwing new ideas out the window..

I still have yet to check on the evo kit.
just saying man.... why are you doing this? you need more stopping power? are you a show car? do you think this is a cheap alternative? or are you just doing this because its a rare swap?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just saying man.... why are you doing this? you need more stopping power? are you a show car? do you think this is a cheap alternative? or are you just doing this because its a rare swap?
Iam doing it cause iam cheap and wanted to do something cheap to make my show car one of a kind. :p

I wonder what a supra break kit would look like on my car?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
My friend tried it it was too much work trying to install the evo caliper. Me I'd just buy the real deal. Props to whoever can make this work.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
So you are saying just buy new supra calipers plus an adapter for 90 each and you got yourself a BBK? What year supra calipers exactly and where is this adapter?

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
So you are saying just buy new supra calipers plus an adapter for 90 each and you got yourself a BBK? What year supra calipers exactly and where is this adapter?
1994-1998 Toyota Supra TT calipers. the adapters are 90 for the set, not each. you'll need pads and rotors of course, but yeah. that's the best price/performance BBK you will find for the IS300

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well i have been following on many other threads on other forums. People are mocking up the GTR brake kits on cars. Also Cadilac CTS-V brakes. Theres so many applications that are thrown around and can be mix matched.

People need to keep expanding.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you really want to WOW people at car shows, buy a pair, or even 2 sets of F1 calipers, I've got a couple laying around I can send you. I even have some carbon rotors and pads to go with them....

and when I say F1, I don't mean some off brand, everything you see in the pic was purchased from a Formula One team that is no longer participating in F1 racing....I can't say who but it should be obvious who I'm referring to.

Reactions: chrisridebike8

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Well i have been following on many other threads on other forums. People are mocking up the GTR brake kits on cars. Also Cadilac CTS-V brakes. Theres so many applications that are thrown around and can be mix matched.

People need to keep expanding.
i'd take a set of GTR Brakes. where do i sign?

i was thinking ISF Brakes on my IS but i would need an adapter. not sure who can fab these up

PhillyB any progress on the Evo brakes

1 - 20 of 41 Posts