Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone wanna help me a bit with a best way to mount this into my IS300?

I need to be functional.
I need to buy the bypass so all my air bag still working.
The seat doesnt have any bracket left.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
You need to talk to Toms2JZ....I think he could help a little.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Get the Token Solution Plug and play Air bag SIM for both sides...I think his member name is BlackSportD . You could modify your stock rails to work. You would need a shop or someone who kknows what they are doing. Post pics when you're done.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
definitely use the token solutions sims that a no brainer ... you can check the bolt spacing on teh under side of the seats and cross reference / compare them to the spacng on different rail/slider s available for after market seat installations.... or a auto upholstery shop can custom fab up a set as needed

years ago I slapped a set of golf gti recaros into my 2L Datsun 510 sedan using custom rails that a friend who could weld and i put together...they worked perfectly & what a freekin difference THAT made. :)

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Token airbag deletes and let a shop modify your stock rails theres a thread here on a guy that did it. This week i should have them installed so i'll take pics for you.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Those seats are so sick. You minding posting how much you paid for them?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
go to sage its in your area
I called them and their wielder is gone so they cant do it. I will try Ramey Built maybe Tuesday.

As for the price? I got a good price from a bestfriend that totalled his Evo 9 so he ripped them out to sell to me

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
^^Pics..what did you do to make them fit? That's what he's looking for...

·
Registered
198 Posts
^^Pics..what did you do to make them fit? That's what he's looking for...

just got 2 altezza low mount recaro rails cheap from some guy in new zealand for AU$200 bolted them up and got 2 AU$30 trd airbag cancellers, done :)

I'll dig some pics up later if you need.

Edit: I know bride rails for an altezza will also fit but may be 5mm off so 2 mounting holes need to be elongated, just make sure you use the right bolts and washers if that's the case.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
bring them over to sage and ill weld the brackets for you. but you will lose your factory brackets so dont expect to sell your seats as a plug an play to someone else.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bring them over to sage and ill weld the brackets for you. but you will lose your factory brackets so dont expect to sell your seats as a plug an play to someone else.
The bracket on the IS300 right now? If that then i really dont care.
But i dont have the Bracket on the Recaro Seat though...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
You dont need the mounts on the evo X. i will take those off anyway. The way the post above shows will leave you with some lopsided seats if you dont know what your doing.

Ill do them for 150. and they will sit like factory in your car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You dont need the mounts on the evo X. i will take those off anyway. The way the post above shows will leave you with some lopsided seats if you dont know what your doing.

Ill do them for 150. and they will sit like factory in your car.
I will be over the shop tmr...lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So here what happened, i spent all the money on Nov on the Volk that i got a Great Deal on so i have to slow down on the Recaro.

After 3 months, paid off for the Volk. Time is back on the Recaro.

Went to Ramey Built and ask if they can custom weld the bracket on the Car for me and i found out:
- The Evo 9 Recaro doesnt have the Rail/Slider on them...so now i have to look for that first.
After do some measurement, here what i came down with...

So the Plan im thinking here:
- Buy these (Recaro Seat Slider-Stable Energies) then custom the bracket to fit into the IS300.

Or:
- I gonna Call Wedge Engineering > HOME-BRACKETS this monday and see if they can custom make me both Rail/Slider and Bracket to just bolt on into the IS300

Questions:
- Is the Rail i show selling online gonna fit the OEM Recaro Evo 9 Seats?
- Does Wedge Engineering make Rail or just Bracket only?

Please help guys...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
16 Participants
01 SolarYellow
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing