Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I found a local seller that is selling a W58 out of a mkiv Supra. I have the W55 and it is taking a crap on me currently and I want to invest in the W58 to keep my IS300 daily sustainable while managing to maintain enough power for low boost/hp in order in the future

Question is, what is EXACTLY required to make the W48 fit with the IS300? What clutch kit do I use? Do I need extended shifter?

Please and thank you.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm pretty sure that everything bolts up and works with this transmission, since it's basically the same transmission with different gearing. You can reuse your clutch and flywheel from your W55. I'm not sure about the extended shifter though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

I saw some other posts on this and another forum saying that only MKIV w58's work well with the IS300 and that any older will require other parts.

Just want some clarification before I go through with it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
MKIV Supra should have the right shifter housing extension to work on the IS300. If not, there's companies that do extension on shift housings ie: xcessive manufacturing.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Depends on the flywheel that you're using. I recommend not to use the stock dampened flywheel, and to go with a MKIV Supra NA W58 OEM flywheel which is ~18lbs for daily driving. The stock one is great for daily driving too, but you get really inconsistent clutch engagement with the dampened flywheel. If you re-use/re-surface your stock IS300 flywheel, then you need to use a IS300 clutch. If you use the MKIV W58 flywheel then you need to use the MKIV clutch.

Search for the MKIV Supra flywheel thread in this forum and you'll see the info that you need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help Piggity. Before I continue with finalizing my purchase and gather the resources needed, is there anything else that I need for this swap?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
W58 from a Mk4 Supra shifter is a little far back in the car .
But you need a is200 front prop
Is200 clutch pedal and res
Oem flywheel
Clutch good to go

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

I never knew that? I read on some posts that the MKIV is the most fitted to suit the is300 and is easy? Why the need for is200 parts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts