Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah it just happend the other day. I was the highway and right when I exited going about 35-40 and the car when crazy flew off a 20 foot hill and rolled a couple of times. At the end th cars was up-side-down and I crawled out the passager side window. I was ok except for a cut on the knee and a bump on the head. I almost cried looking at my IS. The cop said that it was a good thing I had my seat belt on and I was in a safe car or else I'd be dead. The IS is not a very good Minnesota car, but I'm still going to try to get another one in spring, because the IS is the shitez.

PS
Buckle up...It does save lives.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to hear that, man. I'm glad that you're okay.

But what exactly happened? Which HWY you were on? Any snow/ice on the road? Did your IS use snow tires?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
damn

20 ft hill~

glad you're safe~

did you have winter tires ??

maybe after you get your is you can buy yourself a winter beater for next winter ?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was on 12-4-02 right after it snowed. I was on 494 going North and I exited a new exit called Tamrack. I had winter tires on to but they were no help when I was fishtailing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Damn, I was there couple days ago for the first time(not snowed yet), but opposite direction(from 94 east to 494 south). Lucky me.

I felt that the new exit is not having enough light on the road... And thought it might be safe to drive 35~40mph with snow tires on.

BTW, how's your IS? Hope it's fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry to hear about your IS. But it did its best effort to protect you, though at the cost of itself... :(

Hope your insurance company takes good care of this accident.

·
Registered
136 Posts
really sorry to hear man, snow is evil, it started snowing here yesterday during the day, and i have summer tires and no lsd, it was no fun, quite scary actually, i drove all the way home sideways with the wheel turned to the right

·
Registered
20,030 Posts
Sorry to hear about it Blackhole :(

But you were smart enought to fasten your seatbelt and it saved your life!!!

I hope your insurance company takes good care of it.

·
15,322 Posts
sorry to hear that man, glad to hear you're okay though... the car can be replaced, but you can't. i had a similar experience in my 2001 is300 last july, and i know how you feel. i was rockin a 1987 buick lesabre for 6 months before i got my 02.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
You can always get a new car or get one fixed and that won't cost anywhere near the medical bills you could have had if you were injured. Glad to hear you are OK.

·
Registered
548 Posts
visage IS said:
yea im glad to hear your okay. even though u lost your is, you are still blessed to be alive
Glad every thing is okay. Man 20 feet, I would hate to see that day. At least your getting a new one.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Glad your ok.

Now a moment of silence for the IS......

Hope your insurance company takes care of it. Good luck with your next IS, try to get another car for a winter beater.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts