Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i can vouch, RLTC is incredible. its almost ridiculous how easy my car breaks loose with the RLTC off. launch control system is amazing.

its something i was totaly skeptical abotu until used it. any high powered is300 turbo car needs this!

·
Registered
557 Posts
i can vouch, RLTC is incredible. its almost ridiculous how easy my car breaks loose with the RLTC off. launch control system is amazing.

its something i was totaly skeptical abotu until used it. any high powered is300 turbo car needs this!
Do you actually race with this system turned on? I am afraid I may be turning the damn traction control off each time I race because it would hurt my acceleration times.

What about for handling, can you literally peg on the throttle during a mid corner and expect the rear end to stay planted on the pavement?

Reactions: bigkahuna2187

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is this like the traction control that comes on the car but somehow different? or could someone explain exactly what this does do? i read the page and it sounded like a someone modded the stock traction control system:confused:

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
You're taking money and then ordering them to fullfil the shipment? I want one, but I"m not financing the order. Let me know when you stock them and I'll get one then.

For anyone considering the RL, I've been swearing to how great these things are for the past 2 years. It's the single most valuable mod in my opinion, barring driving lessons. It's almost religous how fantastic these things work.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're taking money and then ordering them to fullfil the shipment? I want one, but I"m not financing the order. Let me know when you stock them and I'll get one then.

For anyone considering the RL, I've been swearing to how great these things are for the past 2 years. It's the single most valuable mod in my opinion, barring driving lessons. It's almost religous how fantastic these things work.
No problems, Except you will pay a higher price for your unit. It is simply business, pay in advance for the group buy and you get the savings passed on to you. Otherwise not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It works ok for smaller turbos...but for anything making any power, RaceLogic sucks balls. After spending quite a bit of time programming, it still couldn't keep up with my foot. I'd skip it.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
^697 to the wheels i guess isnt an incredible amount of power, but it sure made my measely 255 series tires stick pretty dam good, even when launching at over 4000 RPM

i highly suggest for anyone pushing a lot of power and looking to actually use it all. only thing i suggest more would be learning how to fucking drive!

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just put it in a car with 824RWHP and it does a great job. I guess that amount of power is just not enough for you.

Do a search on supra forums and see what they have to say.

It works ok for smaller turbos...but for anything making any power, RaceLogic sucks balls. After spending quite a bit of time programming, it still couldn't keep up with my foot. I'd skip it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just put it in a car with 824RWHP and it does a great job. I guess that amount of power is just not enough for you.

You believe what the high school kids say about their wicked fast 61mm Supras? I don't need to search on SF. Nobody has used RL in years. Neither do Vipers. It's a waste of a money.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You believe what the high school kids say about their wicked fast 61mm Supras? I don't need to search on SF. Nobody has used RL in years. Neither do Vipers. It's a waste of a money.
I love having a 500+WHP, traction less, beast!!!

Sincerely,
-The people who don't believe we've been to the moon.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn Am I still in High School??? Last time I checked my kid was getting ready to go to HS.

As far as the RLTC goes it is just like a standalone, it is only as good as how well it is "tuned".

Anyways from the looks of it you have your mind set as you could not get it to work good in your car, however, like I have said and done it along with many others that have the RLTC it is definitely worth $1K if it will even save you 1 time from loosing control and avoiding a crash.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
i don't think there's an IS (on this board anyway) that has enough power to make the RLTC obsolete. i think it's a very good system for cars with less than 1000whp.

i agree that it has it's limitations, but it's a very good system for moderately powered cars.

note to some, it's illegal in most racing classes.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
note to some, it's illegal in most racing classes.
Because it works so well ;)

I love having a 500+WHP, traction less, beast!!!
I did! What fun is driving if you can't make your heart skip a few beats while the rear goes sideways?

It will protect your boosted IS investment. I see it as a cheap insurance plan for the folks who are not 110% comfortable driving a high HP car.

Reactions: phil

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
wow, people bringing it up now...

for those who remember Amr, he had it on his car back in 03 and he loved it b/c it put his power down well....

·
Registered
146 Posts

You are absolutely correct. We run RLTC on a lot of 1000+whp Supras. It is a must for anything that drives on the street with a lot of power.

It works flawlessly. But it is only as good as the person who sets it up.

Reactions: Mikey6981

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
setting up a rltc is no difficult challenge. OOTB it is excellent. You can do a few things and it works great. mess with the launch control to your liking and it's done. Don't let someone fool you into thinking it's tough.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts