Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last post in the Sportx section has been 10 days....damn, where did everyone go!?

Where's my sportx brothers!?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd love to contribute, but with what? Just random pics of my car that I take from time to time? Sometimes I have questions or issues, but they are never sportcross-specific and it's easier to get replies in a more frequently visited section :/

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got a suspension update scheduled for next weekend. Will share the experience once installed. Can't wait..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm still alive and the sport-x is doing fine. Working towards getting some paint work done...will update soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been lurking, Waiting for the right moment to do a proper introduction.

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yay.....we do have live sportcross owners up in here! :)

I've been doing little things to my Sportcross. Updated LEDs, added new cabin filter, cleaned MAF and throttle body, changed out the red out tail lights I had for 3 years, yellow fog light overlays removed, sold and bought new whee, ect.... :)

I'd love to contribute, but with what? Just random pics of my car that I take from time to time? Sometimes I have questions or issues, but they are never sportcross-specific and it's easier to get replies in a more frequently visited section :/
Yup! Just post whatever man! lol

I got a suspension update scheduled for next weekend. Will share the experience once installed. Can't wait..
Right on, keep us posted with pics!

I'm a newb with a sportcross.....I am fighting with the GPS Nav brain like others ...and there are some sick SportX's here! :)
When did you pick up yours? Post an intro thread man.

I'm still alive and the sport-x is doing fine. Working towards getting some paint work done...will update soon.
Nice, looking forward to seeing it.

I've been lurking, Waiting for the right moment to do a proper introduction.
Do it now!

The right moment is now! :D
:approve:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Another SportX owner too :)

Been keeping on the quiet side as my last build thread died due to financial issues (opted for last minute trip to vegas than buying wheels xD ). I'll post up photos and specs once I at least get the parts up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm thinking of garaging mine since gas prices are on the rise again... currently looking for a gas sipping car to mess around with, and I have my eye on a '06 Corolla XRS...

anyone have any suggestions? My budget is less than $10,000

·
Registered
8 Posts
Haven't been in in a long time. Just busy. Started back recently looking for advice on how to repair mirror (found it). A branch hanging in the road after recent blizzard (and foggy as can be at night to boot) caught it. Plus since I couldn't get quickly into the for sale section when I joined (guilty until proven innocent?) I spent my time elsewhere looking for stuff for the car. Recently have had a number of people ask about it when getting gas. Maybe that's a sign to get re-motivated.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another SportX owner too :)

Been keeping on the quiet side as my last build thread died due to financial issues (opted for last minute trip to vegas than buying wheels xD ). I'll post up photos and specs once I at least get the parts up.
Looking forward to seeing updates!

I'm thinking of garaging mine since gas prices are on the rise again... currently looking for a gas sipping car to mess around with, and I have my eye on a '06 Corolla XRS...

anyone have any suggestions? My budget is less than $10,000
How you been bro, haven't heard from you in a while. Yeah, gas rising here too. The XRS is a solid commuter. My suggestions.....05 Honda Civic Si, 06 Scion TC, 05-06 Mazda 3.

Haven't been in in a long time. Just busy. Started back recently looking for advice on how to repair mirror (found it). A branch hanging in the road after recent blizzard (and foggy as can be at night to boot) caught it. Plus since I couldn't get quickly into the for sale section when I joined (guilty until proven innocent?) I spent my time elsewhere looking for stuff for the car. Recently have had a number of people ask about it when getting gas. Maybe that's a sign to get re-motivated.
Get motivated! :) I was so close to selling my car this past December and last minute seller backed out.....I guess it was meant to happen because now I am motivated and have been doing little things to the car. Now, I am happy I never sold her. I think I will just put money aside for a new car and keep the Sportcross.

i've here, just saving up for this :)

What is this!?!?

·
Registered
241 Posts
@Sway: yeah man whats up? The paint on my car is starting to flake, and it makes me feel bad every time I take it out on a grocery run. I want to store her and save up to start restoring it since it's creeping on 200,000 miles on the clock. It was the last car my grandfather drove before he passed and my uncle sold it to me, so it's staying with me for life and I want to make sure it lasts that long.

And I have my sights set on an XRS. The Honda will get stolen or broken into at some point, the Scion is too small for me, and my brother would disown me if I bought a MazdaSpeed3 since he owns one lol. Plus I want dat 2zz scream: http://youtu.be/ak6RSz8JY1c

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I'm still alive, just had the waggy detailed and it is lookine good. Need to replace my tokicos they have givn up the ghost, and get my rear bumper repainted and it will be as good a new!

SPORTCROSS 4 LIFE!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Sway: yeah man whats up? The paint on my car is starting to flake, and it makes me feel bad every time I take it out on a grocery run. I want to store her and save up to start restoring it since it's creeping on 200,000 miles on the clock. It was the last car my grandfather drove before he passed and my uncle sold it to me, so it's staying with me for life and I want to make sure it lasts that long.

And I have my sights set on an XRS. The Honda will get stolen or broken into at some point, the Scion is too small for me, and my brother would disown me if I bought a MazdaSpeed3 since he owns one lol. Plus I want dat 2zz scream: Hitting Lift - Corolla XRS 15-90mph - YouTube
Damn, sucks about the paint and Damn again, 200k! Nice, good to hear you wanna keep it for as long as you can.

Let us know if you get that XRS, can't go wrong with one for sure. I've been good....actually been doing a lot of stuff to my Sportcross again. :)

I'm still alive, just had the waggy detailed and it is lookine good. Need to replace my tokicos they have givn up the ghost, and get my rear bumper repainted and it will be as good a new!
Post pics son!!

SPORTCROSS 4 LIFE!
:lol::approve::approve:

·
Registered
513 Posts
My SportCross was just at Toyota for a balljoint replacement last week. Now, the horrible squeaking while turning is gone, but the wheel has started shaking violently when driving over 70 km/h (43.5 mph) or while braking..

Also, I found out that the brake shield on my front right side was completely rusty and hanging loose/rubbing on the disc, so I tore that off. Anyone know if a replacement is expensive? I'm guessing it's a simply DIY-job to get it on there, at least :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Oh, also, pictures were requested, so here is my SportCross from a month ago, when I got my rear brake pads replaced:

And here is a huge pelton-runner (I work as an engineer with hydroelecric power and just came back from a course in hydraulics in Switzerland):

1 - 20 of 20 Posts