Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I just wanted to get a sense of how many of you are out there running this season and how you're doing.

Please post your local series websites and give us an update on what classes you are running and, if you wish, a listing of modifications.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start it off..

Sadly I've only run a couple times do to the fact my car is always under the knife and seems like it will be for a while until I get it the way I want it. ;)

Class: SM(now)

Mods:
L-Sportline Exhaust
Toyomoto Header&Racepipe
TBKO Supercharger
Volk GT-P's 18x8 w/ Kumho MX's
JIC FLT-A2 coilovers
TRD Race Sways
Bradi V/S/D Rotors & EBC Green Pads

·
Registered
311 Posts
Last week was only my second event, but I have to say that I am addicted. All of my previous cars have been fwd, so I am still getting used to the rwd. I ran in DS my first time out. I ran very cautious since I was not used the the handling of the IS. Last week I ran in STS against a bunch of veterans with very preped civics. Very fast guys. The top three guys are amazing. Kevin McCormick has been picked to win the Solo II National Championship next month in STS. We had to run first which was not good for our times. I ran 1.5 seconds faster during the fun runs after group two ran. I hope to do better at my next event on the 30th. My list of mods is very short, but will slowly grow.

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Sacramento/index.html

mods:
PLP-SFI

·
Registered
675 Posts
I've been running IS300's for three years both locally and nationally. My latest is the fourth car I have prepared and run. The first three were all run in stock classes. Now I have spent tons of labor and money trying to make this street prepared version as competitive as possible. Fortunately we have amassed eleven consecutive wins against some of the best competition in the Western United States.

Here's some pics from Wendover, Utah

http://www.pbase.com/image/19364549/large.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/19364550/large.jpg

Class: DSP

Mods:
W55 conversion from automatic
Hardtop conversion (removed sunroof)
Custom adjustable front sway bar
L-tuned rear swaybar
Ground Control Advanced Design double adjustable coilovers
XERD header/racepipe
Custom exhaust
TRD Rotors/Pads
Goodridge SS brake lines
HTE Super Blue brake fluid
Corbeau Race Seats
4 point harness
Momo Steering Wheel
PLP Short Shift Kit
PLP Heatshield
PLP Intake
Removed A/C
UR Racing Underdrive Pulleys
UR Racing Aluminum Flywheel
Centerforce Clutch
18x9.5 & 18x10.5 SSR Competition wheels w/ 285/30 Hoosier Tires
Custom Flared front and rear fenders
Relocated lightweight battery to the trunk
Custom Checkered Flag graphics
Limo Tint (no A/C!)

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Derek can you tell me the size of the belt without the AC? Im pulling the AC on our project car, and since you have done it that would be great. if you dont want to share i understand, you put tons of hours in.

David

·
Registered
675 Posts
David - sent you a PM

I am very interested in how many Lexus IS 300 owners are autocrossing thier cars. Even if you know of someone who isn't on this list please let us know. I have a feeling alot of people out there are dodging cones on the weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,315 Posts
This is my first full season, I ran some events last year. I have won one, and came in third on the second. I missed the first event, I was out on vacation. I am in second place for the season. Next event is coming soon. There is another club running on the west coast of Florida, I have been to a couple of test and tune events there, will probably start competing next season there as well.
I am running in DS.

BTW, here is the website.
http://autox.carlc.com/

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Derekb said:
David - sent you a PM

I am very interested in how many Lexus IS 300 owners are autocrossing thier cars. Even if you know of someone who isn't on this list please let us know. I have a feeling alot of people out there are dodging cones on the weekend.
There are a lot of people even on this board who autocross but don't post in this forum. Doublin's in Maryland and a few others that I know of and have seen posts. There's probably a whole lot more that I don't know about, that I hope post here.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
WDCR SCCA- www.autocrossers.com

First year autocrossing.

Started the year in DSP, moved to SM halfway through the season. Compared to the other novices, I am doing very well, usually top 3 overall. However, am not really competetive in SM, as I have been running on 215 street tires, and everyone else is on R-compounds. :-?

This season is what I'll call a "building year," more for fun and experience and seat time than anything else. Next year I come out swinging with some R-compounds and more experience.

-Chris

·
Registered
371 Posts
I bought my IS in april and started autoxing it after my honeymoon in June sometime. Fun car, not nearly as fast as my SM SC'd Civic which gave me a class championship in NYR last year.

I will be prepping the car for STX and hoping to be competitive in the tristate(CT/NY/NJ) area (actually, I want to dominate). The car currently has Tein FLEX and a bad alignment. I have alot of work to do as I was 5 seconds behind Chris Shenefield (last year's STS National champion) last week at an NNJR-SCCA event. To be truly competitive I need to be close to him. My biggest hurdle is convincing my wife to let me get some 17x8's so I can run some 245's!

After 4 events I am really beginning to warm up to the car, and especially having A/C and a nice stereo for the ride home.

One question. Is anyone seeing substantial gains from I/H/E? If so, are there any nice exhausts which gain HP and are quiet? Apexi WS looks like a nice exhaust and is supposed to be quiet on Honda's.

Excellent local website www.autox4u.com has all the clubs to run with in the tri-state and more. Huge schedule too.

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
wow, the car does that even with TRD sways? id imagine with such a stiff front end the car would either 3 wheel or start to plow. cool pic though =)

havent started autox this season... will start next season (october?) good luck to all who are finishing up their season!!! :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
I auto-x with a local group located in Northern CA. (Santa Rosa Area)
Empire Sports Car Associates (no website yet, it's being created www.empiresportscar.org )

Because we have 40-50 drivers, it's more for fun. Only a few compete for TTOD. The rest of us try and improve our overall skill.

As you can see from my sig, I'm bone stock... D Stock that is. I don't plan on doing much to my IS. I have a 1995 Dodge Neon than I'm going to use, and probably Prepare. Parts are MUCH cheaper for the neon! :lol:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've been running track events since I've owned my IS with some autox in between to pass the time. Started out in DS which didn't last long. Been adding mods slowly as time and money / layoffs permit. Derek, I've got over 100 pictures from Infineon raceway from a friend of mine who is a professional photographer that came along with me to test out his new camera. Over 600MB! I'll sift through them when I get a chance and send some your way.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
I've AutoXed 5-6 times in the Miami, FL area. I still suck badly but it's WAY too much fun.

See METEORO's post above for the AutoX link in our area. He also mentioned the Southwest FL (Naples/Ft. Myers area) AutoX. I've never done it there, but I hear nothing but good things about it. Here's the link:
http://www.gulfcoastautocrossers.com/

As for my car, it runs in D-Stock, since my only mod is a K&N Drop-In Air Filter.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I'm trying to attend more autox events this season purely for the purposes of learning how to drive better. I guess I'm running as a novice in DS (hopefully I can sneak by w/ my PLP intake pipe...heh, heh).

Btw...does cristobol still post here (and I think Sacrificial's gone for good)? Or did he get rid of his IS300?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've run my SportX a couple times on stock rubber, just picked up a set of wheels & R compounds. I haven't done any suspension mods (that's next). I'm running in the SFBay region, http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/.

I gotta say, being able to surf and shop saturday, then race sunday makes this a great car for me... :)

B-)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts