Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Where should I connect the vacuum tube from the EVAP system to the intake airbox on the lower side? Should i connect it before or after the turbo?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Um don't we not have EGR? Did you do a GTE swap or something?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went with vvti ge - t. anyway i looked at the vacuum diagram and it says there's a EGR system. A hard line comes from the passenger side connected to a valve, and then a vacuum tube goes into the intake pipe before the MAF. Where should I place that vacuum tube (if not delete) it?

I'm not 100% sure if it's EGR, but since im' using an AEM intake pipe as one of my intercooling pipes, I don't know where I shoudl route that vacuum tube.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
uh neither the post 98 ge or the gte have EGR, I believe.

·
Registered
960 Posts
not sure what you're referring to since I couldn't find any EGR valve or anything similar to it on my repair manual

I scanned it and uploaded the only thing I seemed to find...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Holy cow that GTE vaccum hose diagram is a nightmare lol. Good thing I went with VVTi and single turbo ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didn't do an aristo swap. sorry that i got evap confused with EGR. After doing more research, vvti's do not have EGR.

+1 for the diagrams...and holy crap!

edit: so where should i route the EVAP tube that was originally connected to the stock airbox to? before or after the turbo?

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Evap requires vacuum. Plumb it to the intake side of the turbo. Some people don't bother plumbing this at all and just let it hang. My pref is to plumb it to vacuum.

Reactions: ElitistK
1 - 10 of 10 Posts