Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I can imagine. :lol:

Nice choice on the ride also. You said it was Alpine White with M Package,Premium Package, and what else?
Its AW with basic everything but M sport wheel M sport brake kit (Brembo) iPhone/Smart phone connections, an convenience keyless entry black entr. with the dark grey like trim. Everything is basic basically (no pun intended). I wanted it cheap an some what affordable. I plan on putting in some Cobra's an replacing the OEM shock/spring with what ever Dinan has. An of course Dinan Stage 2 flash an call it a race car I drive to work an class's.

EDIT: $700.33 round trip with Lufthansa (sp) from 9/29/09-10/06/09
Any one want to come? :p

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Its AW with basic everything but M sport wheel M sport brake kit (Brembo) iPhone/Smart phone connections, an convenience keyless entry black entr. with the dark grey like trim. Everything is basic basically (no pun intended). I wanted it cheap an some what affordable. I plan on putting in some Cobra's an replacing the OEM shock/spring with what ever Dinan has. An of course Dinan Stage 2 flash an call it a race car I drive to work an class's.

EDIT: $700.33 round trip with Lufthansa (sp) from 9/29/09-10/06/09
Any one want to come? :p
zOMG take me! Who ever you take, and whenever you go. I want pics.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
135i with M pack.
Small and nimble, a good choice for a young dude.

I am looking to up size, but i am drawing a blank right now despite the fantastic discounts.

535 is near its end.

M3 is a bit douchebagy in Miami, plus i would need a traffic lawyer on retainer.

GS Hybrid? boring to drive.

The new E? MB has issues.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts

I am looking to up size, but i am drawing a blank right now despite the fantastic discounts.

535 is near its end.

M3 is a bit douchebagy in Miami, plus i would need a traffic lawyer on retainer.

335i with M Sport Pack and Performance Suspension in Le Mans Blue.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
335i with M Sport Pack and Performance Suspension in Le Mans Blue.
I will go for Monaco blue.

Hey do you know if American customers can ever order individual options for cars that dont usually offer them? I would really like extended leather like that in the M3.

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
I will go for Monaco blue.

Hey do you know if American customers can ever order individual options for cars that dont usually offer them? I would really like extended leather like that in the M3.
Good luck finding a dealer willing to allow an Individual order.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Do you have to pay for the flight over there and back AND d oyou have to pay to ship your car here?
From what I have been hearing all you have to pay for is the flight and the hotel, and you save a lot of money on your car, which you can put towards your trip. It will basically cost you the same price as if you bought it here, but you get a European vacation as a bonus.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Good luck finding a dealer willing to allow an Individual order.
But if you take European delivery, it should be easy, since you get a car made just for you to begin with!

Plus, what dealer would be stupid enough to refuse anything to a customer these days?

·
Registered
4,765 Posts

535 is near its end.

How about a new Z4?

I'm 90% sure this will be my next ride, late this year/early next. Blue with white napa leather interior. The s35 version of course.

·
Übercargeek
16,623 Posts
Congrats, Chasen. If I ever get a European car, Euro delivery is a must for me.

Besides letting 'er rip on the autobahn, make sure you get in some laps on the Nürburgring. For more info:
Nürburgring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Do you have to pay for the flight over there and back AND d oyou have to pay to ship your car here?
Just got off the phone with my dealer, I have to pay the Airfare there an back so round trip as well as all the hotels/food/petrol. I asked if it comes with a full tank an he said most likely but you get to take it out on the autobahn so that full tank wont last long.

I'm a bit worried I might wreck it before she ever comes to the states :(

I feel its the perfect car for me though, something I can daily drive an take to the track the next day. Its incredibly nimble as someone mentioned before, on my test drive we went to open lot an threw it around. Just be prepared to catch the wheel an the 1's go where you like.

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
But if you take European delivery, it should be easy, since you get a car made just for you to begin with!

Plus, what dealer would be stupid enough to refuse anything to a customer these days?
I did some looking when I woke up. Apparently Individual was not available here because of a rule that allowed car buyers to cancel a specially ordered vehicle without penalty, something that BMW wouldn't tolerate. I just read an article on Motor Authority dated to 2006 that announced that Individual was being allowed here, though I would imagine that it would take some dealer shopping to find one willing to access the Individual catalog for you.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts