Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home from BMW of Monrovia. Got talked into getting the Euro delivery an saving $2,300! Just wondering if anyone has gone an done this an what their experience was like? Also apparently I get to take along a "companion" who is paid for by BMW so there is no added expense for who ever you bring along?

Any factual information is apprecaited! An spoiler alert I am the future owner of a beautiful AW 135i $43,995 MSport wheel, convenience key, Sport Package, iPhone/Smart phone, an M sport Brake kit :bigSmile:

Waiting my signature once I figure out how financially I will be paying an if I can do the Euro delivery an save some extra green.

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
Everything I've heard about the Euro delivery program is extremely good, and it's usually what gets owners to purchase another BMW or Benz, etc.

You won't be disappointed. The only downside I've ever heard of is waiting for your car to cross the pond.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Everything I've heard about the Euro delivery program is extremely good, and it's usually what gets owners to purchase another BMW or Benz, etc.

You won't be disappointed.
Everything I have heard is also positive.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
I'm lost on the extra companion thing. I thought you paid your way? So it's essentially a free trip to Europe.
For your companion. You pay for your trip and the other guy's trip is on BMW.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Care to explain what this Euro delivery thing is? I'm a bit confused.

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
You fly to the manufacturing plant of the automaker, usually get a tour or something, have your vehicle delivered in a special room of the plant, tour Europe and have the car shipped back to the states. Porsche, MBZ, Audi and BMW do it a lot and all of their programs are slightly different but more or less the same in structure.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
You fly to the manufacturing plant of the automaker, usually get a tour or something, have your vehicle delivered in a special room of the plant, tour Europe and have the car shipped back to the states. Porsche, MBZ, Audi and BMW do it a lot and all of their programs are slightly different but more or less the same in structure.

Yep. Here's a link:

BMW North America

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Interesting. You have to fly Lufthansa air. They're on the expensive side, but it should not be more than twice the ticket price of the more inexpensive airlines.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting. You have to fly Lufthansa air. They're on the expensive side, but it should not be more than twice the ticket price of the more inexpensive airlines.
Thats what I want to know, Ill be saving roughly $2,200 so does it make up for the plane ticket over there? I don't mind taking on the minor food/hotel/petrol expense once I am abroad but I don't want to paying $4K for a plane ticket an end up sending more $$.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Thats what I want to know, Ill be saving roughly $2,200 so does it make up for the plane ticket over there? I don't mind taking on the minor food/hotel/petrol expense once I am abroad but I don't want to paying $4K for a plane ticket an end up sending more $$.
If you can afford to go during the week (i.e. you won't miss a week's worth of work), you can get over there round trip for about $500 if you know what you're doing (e.g. leaving on a Wednesday and coming back on a Tuesday). You'll likely run another $100/night in lodging, unless you stay in hostels.

I look at it as a paid vacation because you should be saving that money on the BMW regardless of how well you negotiate a car because I believe they knock off the money because the car is technically considered used, so they avoid taxes and other fees.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you can afford to go during the week (i.e. you won't miss a week's worth of work), you can get over there round trip for about $500 if you know what you're doing (e.g. leaving on a Wednesday and coming back on a Tuesday). You'll likely run another $100/night in lodging, unless you stay in hostels.

I look at it as a paid vacation because you should be saving that money on the BMW regardless of how well you negotiate a car because I believe they knock off the money because the car is technically considered used, so they avoid taxes and other fees.
Good to know thanks, also I want to know what BMW pays for which tomorrow Ill have to ask. I have another 4 months to save an plan out stops there. This is going to be the only summer Ive ever wanted to be over before it began quite literally.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
Good to know thanks, also I want to know what BMW pays for which tomorrow Ill have to ask. I have another 4 months to save an plan out stops there. This is going to be the only summer Ive ever wanted to be over before it began quite literally.
You're 20; your summers should be filled with awesome.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
I can imagine. :lol:

Nice choice on the ride also. You said it was Alpine White with M Package,Premium Package, and what else?

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
With BMW you get to take delivery in the new BMW Welt. The building is awesome. First, they will show you your car's features in a presentation with all the screens and tech awesome, then unveil the car on a rotating platform. You get the keys and do a lap around (inside the building, which is also a showroom and sort of a BMW mall) and roll down the ramp out the door.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts