Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peugeot, too, has shown off an own advanced engine system. At next week’s Geneva Motor Show the company will display its MCE-5 technology. Displacing just 1.5L, Peugeot’s MCE-5 petrol engine prototype develops a healthy 220hp (164kW) and V8-like 309lb-ft (420Nm) of torque. These results are achieved with a fuel economy of 35mpg (6.7L/100km) and CO2 emissions of just 158g/km.

It doesn’t end there as Peugeot is planning to add direct injection technology to its MCE-5 engine and optimize the combustion chambers. With the addition of these features, Peugeot claims its 1.5L engine will be able to deliver up to 270hp (201kW) and 340lb-ft (460Nm) of torque, while delivering fuel economy of 39mpg (6.0L/100km).
Europe?s carmakers show off four-cylinder engines with V8 performance - [Peugeot MCE-5] - MotorAuthority - Car news, reviews, spy shots

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,394 Posts
It must redline at like 5k or make peak torque at idle or something. That high a differential with torque being higher than hp is very diesel-esque

·
2,752 Posts
French gov't is becoming even more drastic on Co2 emissions and high miles per gallon returns that they are taxing highly consumer and company to force into the market some new technology.

The idea is not bad but quality will suffer...kinda like the flexifuel technology which are far from environmentally friendly since they need twice as much fossible energy to harvest beat root and sugar cane for the ethanol in the E85 flexifuel.

Don-

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.

·
27,116 Posts
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.
True... but don't tell me you wouldn't like having a boosted 6.2L Mercedes V8 engine under your hood...

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Aren't the new merc 6.2 liter engines n/a? Either way, I'd give my third nut to drive one of those.....but it would be way more impressive if they could squeeze the same power out of say 4.2 liters and get way better gas milage.

·
27,116 Posts
Think about it this way... all the gas saved by all the Priuses and other econoboxes in the world will free up gas to be used in other cars like Merc's AMG models. :p

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Think about it this way... all the gas saved by all the Priuses and other econoboxes in the world will free up gas to be used in other cars like Merc's AMG models. :p
I'm not hating on those beutiful beasts by any means. They're perfection.

I think about it this way....the big displacement AMG engines that are available right now are like a finely seasoned milf.

They'll fuck your brains out, and they're fully updated with latest and greatest technology (read: $10,000 boob jobs, labiaplasty and the trendy new personal trainer), but I'd rather take the 19 year old sex kittnen who's gonna go for hours and then want more even though you're on the verge of cardiac arrest.

Both packages will rock your nuts off, but the young slut will just keep getting better and better, while the seasoned milf will just look old in comparison.

·
Sofa King Awesome
3,603 Posts
I'm not hating on those beutiful beasts by any means. They're perfection.

I think about it this way....the big displacement AMG engines that are available right now are like a finely seasoned milf.

They'll fuck your brains out, and they're fully updated with latest and greatest technology (read: $10,000 boob jobs, labiaplasty and the trendy new personal trainer), but I'd rather take the 19 year old sex kittnen who's gonna go for hours and then want more even though you're on the verge of cardiac arrest.

Both packages will rock your nuts off, but the young slut will just keep getting better and better, while the seasoned milf will just look old in comparison.
Well then call me the cougar hunter.

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can make a go-kart with "V8-Like" performance too. Most cars with big enignes are big cars too with room in the back seat for passengers. My in-laws are not going to fit in the back seat of most cars with 4 and 6 cylinder engines...the ones that they will fit in SURPRISE do not have the performance of a V8. Mind blowing concept :rolleyes:

Eric

·
Registered
436 Posts

Hate to break it to you, but your sport coupe with a large V6 is only as efficient as the typical V8 made today. Observed MPG from the car rags on those high-strung V6s is usually not that good < 20 mpg.

Eric

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
Hate to break it to you, but your sport coupe with a large V6 is only as efficient as the typical V8 made today. Observed MPG from the car rags on those high-strung V6s is usually not that good < 20 mpg.

Eric
MPG sucks on my car.

But where did I ever imply that my engine was of the type discussed in the original aricle posted?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts