Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's pretty funny...I JUST clicked into this forum to ask pretty much the same question. But first and foremost before $ / pain ... Is it possible to put the 430 engine in the IS?

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
just for kicks how much money/pain/suffering would it take to swap a v8 into the IS?

call Reg Riemer and ask him as he's the only one who's done it. http://www.monsterhorsepower.com
While you're at it confirm that he'll do the 2jz-gte swap for 16g's. Find out if that's with a 6speed as well.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the prices on the Lexus V8 1UZFE (4.3L vvt-i) they are super cheap around $500-$1000 reason is because this engine was so strong and durable no body needed a replacement so there really was a demand in the engine market. i guess alot of the money would go into the labor of fitting the engine and transmission.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
that is so narrow sighted. think of what it means to wire an engine that has a totally different management and electronics package. Different mounts(probably), bell housing, exhaust configuration etc. The electronics would be a nightmare. you basically have to have a ls430 front clip w/ the full ecu package.

call!
AustinAltezza said:
i checked the prices on the Lexus V8 1UZFE (4.3L vvt-i) they are super cheap around $500-$1000 reason is because this engine was so strong and durable no body needed a replacement so there really was a demand in the engine market. i guess alot of the money would go into the labor of fitting the engine and transmission.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
geez it would be cheaper to sell your IS, but the 430 and import it!! ok maybe not, but can you imagine the publicity and the attention if youhad a right hand drive IS430 in the states?? :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
geez it would be cheaper to sell your IS, buy the 430 and import it!! ok maybe not, but can you imagine the publicity and the attention if youhad a right hand drive IS430 in the states?? :eek: :eek:

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
what IS430? and buy it where? It not manufactured. Just a test car by TTE.

·
Registered
743 Posts
what one like this black is430 here, that i asked TTE to bring to the Japanese Auto Extravaganza

and can be seen bringing it back after taking people for a jolly in it...

it cost TTE approx 150,000€ to build this car in the Toyota factory in Cologne Germany

they will be fitting the Compressor to it shortly

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
superchargedIS200 said:
it cost TTE approx 150,000€ to build this car in the Toyota factory in Cologne Germany
that 150,000 is euros right? if so that makes it like $160,000usd...doesn't make sense...

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
superchargedIS200 said:
and why doesnt it make sense......im sure TTE would lie to me, seeing as i am there every other month :crazy:
that's what it would cost them, but it would be less for a joe shmo. Mainly because they probably captured the cost of the car, the cost of the LS430(which I think they had to crush and send back), the cost of flying people in to get it working, the cost of the consulting, and etc...

I'm guessing if you had a car and bought an LS430 front clip and sent it to Reg he might be able to do it for less, if TTE would allow him to do it.

Personally I hope it's eventually available. Even if it's aftermarket. I love the idea of having that engine w/ the TTE s/c. Nice smooth power at the same weight of the existing car.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yeah right.... do you know what kind of a car you can get for $160k? There is no Lexus worth that much :x

homerun217 said:
superchargedIS200 said:
that 150,000 is euros right? if so that makes it like $160,000usd...doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
971 Posts
if you guys want the IS430 so bad, here's a quick solution. Just go to your dealer and buy the SC 430 emblem, and take off the 300 on your cars and slap on the 430 from the SC, and you're all set :chill:
That's what I might do :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts