Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any suggestions for the BEST stuff to buy to keep my car looking and feeling as new as possible. I drive my car pretty hard and put on 6000 miles in almost 3 months. Anything for the engine, interior or exterior.

·
Registered
212 Posts
jtothek said:
Anybody have any suggestions for the BEST stuff to buy to keep my car looking and feeling as new as possible. I drive my car pretty hard and put on 6000 miles in almost 3 months. Anything for the engine, interior or exterior.
Gas tends to help the engine, as does oil :crazy:

·
8,880 Posts
Xpel or similar clear bra product.
Regular car bra will work as well. I highly recommend Colgan Custom.

If you haven't noticed yet, the paint is very weak.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Damnit, dont make me post another picture of the brush again.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
All you really need is some Z2 and Z5(if you have swirls).

Alot of people also use Z1,Z6 and ZFX.

You'll use alot more Z2 and Z6 than everything else.

Z1 only goes on every 6 months or so. Buy it sparingly. Z2 you always use as the last coat and the more layers of it you use the more shiny your car gets. Z6 is for between coats. ZFX speeds the process up. That's it in a nutshell basically.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
newlex said:
Thedon......Nice wheels. What are they? And how much did they cost?
Thanks
Those wheels are Rays Engineering Versus Campionato SS7 or commonly known as the L-Tuned wheels
set of 4 were $1375 when I got them.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
IS-300-Rulez said:
Hey don I thought you used gold class wax? Now im confused...which one do you use?
No I use the Gold Class Shampoo on the car. In fact, the other day I went to an auto store and bought some and when I went to open it a day later I noticed that it was already opened (hole in the seal) and somebody poured some out and replaced it with a little bit of water. I noticed it didn't pour out as thick. I went right back to the auto store and said Whats up with that shiznit?!?! They gave me a brand new bottle.

immanis said:
I recommend a bottle of meguiars quick detailer.
Yeah I got some of this stuff. At first I didn't know how to use it way back then. I was using it like windex or something. Now I just wash the car, do a quick dry, drive around to get the extra water out, then I spray that stuff on the water lines that come under the mirrors, and wipe and wipe until it slides easy. And I do the hood in some spots. Gives it that nice shine/reflection. That together with a california duster keeps the dirt off and the shine. So Fresh so clean

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yeah I got some of this stuff. At first I didn't know how to use it way back then. I was using it like windex or something. Now I just wash the car, do a quick dry, drive around to get the extra water out, then I spray that stuff on the water lines that come under the mirrors, and wipe and wipe until it slides easy. And I do the hood in some spots. Gives it that nice shine/reflection. That together with a california duster keeps the dirt off and the shine. So Fresh so clean
:chill:

Exactly what I do. After washing the car, I sheet the water along the surface of the car so I have minimal droplets. Then I just drive around the neighborhood for awhile. Then when I get back, I clean the windows with a soft cloth and just water. Couple hours later I come out with my quick detailer (with microfiber cloths) and get all the dried water marks. Works perfect.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I waxed my ENTIRE car with 1 ounce of zaino w/ ZFX accelerator

1 - 20 of 20 Posts