Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please settle an argument -

Which mode changes up quicker, Eshift or full auto mode?

Does the "power" button have any effect on how quick the Eshift changes?

·
Registered
667 Posts
My opinion as an 01 e-shift owner: you can't time the upshifts better than the transmission, so upshifting yourself can only hurt acceleration. The "power" button does nothing more than increase the sensitivity of the throttle pedal, there is no performance benefit whatsoever, you just reach WOT faster.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I also feel like the transmission shifts faster on it's own.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I used to feel the same way, and think that at WOT , regular drive would be faster than Eshift. But a few passes down the 1/4 mile proved that theory wrong. My best time w/o Eshift was 15.717 @88.01 , and using eshift I managed a 15.535 @ 89.88, and 15.585 @88.97 (over-revved 3rd).

·
Registered
482 Posts
rubley said:
My opinion as an 01 e-shift owner: you can't time the upshifts better than the transmission, so upshifting yourself can only hurt acceleration. The "power" button does nothing more than increase the sensitivity of the throttle pedal, there is no performance benefit whatsoever, you just reach WOT faster.
Agreed.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
This all depends... Are these stock cars? There are things you can get to help smooth out the shifting.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IS300STeeZ said:
This all depends... Are these stock cars? There are things you can get to help smooth out the shifting.
I'm running a fully decatted exhaust + induction.......what should I be looking to do?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
You can smoothen the shifts with a 12v grounding kit like the one from Teck. But, if you have a decent amount of power, you could get the TBKO Electronic Shift Kit and that would give you responsive shifts up to I think 320 rwtq (they claim on their site). If you have a pretty significant amount of power, you might want to go with a valve-body upgrade such as the one from SRT, TBKO, or Toyomoto. Hope this helps.

62betty said:
I'm running a fully decatted exhaust + induction.......what should I be looking to do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts