Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here with a NON 2JZ swap? My IS is for sure a project car and will potentially get a swap and I'm looking for more budget friendly options. Currently looking at *UZ-FE or 3SGE. Anyone swap any of these in on here? Not looking for howto's or anything, just curious how people like them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I haven't done the swaps myself, but the 3SGE will give you all the Altezza parts options and i would imagine be easy to swap out "standard" things like wiring looms and ECU's. However there are some trade offs in what running gear you can run and the power and torque you can get out of it, the 4 pot is more rev happy but your power band is way different and torque is a little down on the 2J. Potential power for $ is less as well in my humble opinion.

There are a few on here that have swapped out the UZFE options so they will have more to say than i can think of, however i am guessing you would need to think about aftermarket ECU and changing a lot of extras like the exhaust. A few seem to go the LS swap instead as if you are US based there are probably cheaper parts and i would imagine the same effort to swap as the UZ. both seem to be able to bolt up to the engine mounting points easy enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts