Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IS is due for her 60000km service.
I was wondering if i should provide replacement engine oil ( Shell Ultra or Mobil 1 Synthetic ) or
should i just go with the Castrol Magnatec they provide.

The main reason for the change is to see if there is a reduction in engine noise , i reckon my car is noisy.

Only thing making me think twice is if the dealer actually discovers and accepts that their is some kind of mysterious prob with my car, they'll say im not using recommended products.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
[ALM-78M said:
]My IS is due for her 60000km service.
I was wondering if i should provide replacement engine oil ( Shell Ultra or Mobil 1 Synthetic ) or
should i just go with the Castrol Magnatec they provide.

The main reason for the change is to see if there is a reduction in engine noise , i reckon my car is noisy.

Only thing making me think twice is if the dealer actually discovers and accepts that their is some kind of mysterious prob with my car, they'll say im not using recommended products.
whoa...I have no idea what the average AU K's are like but your car is an 02 and you have already done 60,000km? I m screaming about my one done 35,000km...I mostly do city driving but once a month I go out to the country side...just have what they give you i will say, ask their opinion...they are not going to give you wrong advice because of that bit of engine oil which Lexus was going to pay out anyway...

Matt 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.