Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
The TEC3 with wideband input will make "minor adjustments." I'm not exactly sure what that means, but that's all I found out from PFS.

Now give me some dots, beatch!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm not sure how much adjusting it does though. I was hitting 12.5 AFR under boost, but if the wideband was really being considered it should have adjusted the AFR to 12.0. I'm not an expert on the TEC3, but I thought it would correct something like that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
ISJeff said:
I'm not sure how much adjusting it does though. I was hitting 12.5 AFR under boost, but if the wideband was really being considered it should have adjusted the AFR to 12.0. I'm not an expert on the TEC3, but I thought it would correct something like that.
After a lot of help from Chris (trekster) I think I'm starting to understand how this is all working. I looked at my settings for the wideband and it only allows the wideband to make corrections to the AFR up to 135kPa MAP. After that point, the TEC3 relies on the predefined values in the Volumetric Efficiency table. Even when the TEC3 uses the data from the wideband, it has an authority range of 2%. I don't know if that is a 2% change in AFR or 2% change of the values in the VE table. This would explain why my AFR of 12.5 didn't get adjusted to 12.0 at full boost.

All of these paramters can be changed - maximum MAP, RPM at which the wideband data is considered, and authority range. Do I want to be the one to test out how well they work at full boost? No thanks.

On a side note, how do you figure out what boost you're running at by using the MAP? You can't just convert the kPa to psi because that would mean I am running at 27psi daily.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know if they are ready to fully trust the wideband to run the car. When I spoke to Peter about 3 weeks ago, I was asking him about the adjustments and he said "minor adjustments." I think he was talking about the 2%. He said nothing about giving the wideband full control.

Damn, this car stuff is a lot more interesting than creating crappy web pages. Maybe I went into the wrong field.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.