Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading in the owner's forum about likes/dislikes, and somebody mentioned engine heat in the cabin. Has anybody else experienced this problem ?

·
2,909 Posts
Yes, I hate to say it but it is not noticable for the most part. I guess when they designed the firewall it was designed for the Japan/Euro 4cyl. If that is the case I'm surprised they never noticed it themselves during the US tests.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the heat warm up the car, or do you only feel the heat if you touch areas in the cabin that may allow heat transfer ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
In my opinion, the heat warms the car. I live in Los Angeles, where the ambient is
relatively high, and I notice considerable
heat in the cabin, and most of it seems to
be localized in the area of the forward
console and in the area of the conditioning
control/sound controls.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I agree with rseifer. It's the same with my IS. Plenty of heat radiating through the forward cabin and it's fairly noticeable.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hate to say it, but yes thee is cabin heat, coming from the firewall. It is amazing to feel that heat after the car has been running for awhile. If you park it in the garage, you can really feel it. Nice thing is the car absorbs the heat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Florida where it gets hot as you know what. I am very close to purchasing the IS. 2 questions-----
1) Will this be addressed in the 2002? and
2) Is this a reason not to buy it ?
Look on the bright side, if I bring dinner to the office, keep it in the fridge, then drive home with it dinner will be warm when I get home. Please let me know about questions 1+2.

·
2,909 Posts
Question(s)
1) I have no clue

2) No way. I live in Miami, yes it is a little discouraging to deal with but, with what you are getting for your money, you'd be giving up a great car. I don't know if you live near Miami but, we are going to have a meet on April 7th I beleive, you can check that out in the "All In Together Now" forum.

[ March 29, 2001: Message edited by: jiggafett ]

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had bad cabin heat with my first IS.... as for the second one, I dont feel it at all. I used to cook in my first one. I guess I have to wait till the temp around here heats up a little and then maybe I will notice it.

From what I remember, it was only hot when I would really got on the car and drive aggressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts