Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 604 Posts

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i got a killer deal on my is300..always wanted one and finally found a deal i couldnt pass by...
I paid 2800 for the car salvaged title
03 with 45 k on the chassis all tho is had a rod through the block..car has been beating up but in some time you will not even know it..
Here some pics..

not the best pics but i will be putting up more as i rebuild this car ..

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
That is a killer deal. And for someone who can source parts and do some labor, it should be quite an easy turn around.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Beaten up, you say? It's all kinds of fucked. Nice find, though; good project ahead of you but exactly why you'd do this, I'm confused.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
sorry, but that is NOT a Sport Design model :nono:

good luck on the restoration! :approve:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
the rear wheel is jacked hopefully its not too jacked under there. Good luck with the resto.

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
geez where did u find that at in the bottom of the ocean? but for that price cant beat it. why does the driver side wheel look like that? good luck with this and keep us updated..
the rear wheel is jacked hopefully its not too jacked under there. Good luck with the resto.
bent knuckle
Beaten up, you say? It's all kinds of fucked. Nice find, though; good project ahead of you but exactly why you'd do this, I'm confused.
someones back yard, been sitting for 2 years..im into projects..plus i wanted one for a awhile..besides when i drift it why use a fresh car??
sorry, but that is NOT a Sport Design model :nono:

good luck on the restoration! :approve:
sport design is a 5speed manuel with lsd ...isnt it?? says sport design all over it..idk
will get more pics tomarrow

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
mine is a 5 speed manual with LSD and it is not a sport design. From the pics so far it doesn't look like a SD but either way thats not a bad deal for an IS. I also like projects, this looks like fun.

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine is a 5 speed manual with LSD and it is not a sport design. From the pics so far it doesn't look like a SD but either way thats not a bad deal for an IS. I also like projects, this looks like fun.
other then the rims what makes it a sport design?

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
headlight and tailight housing color, black chrome emblems, grill (03), exterior color, exhuast tip, white leather interior.
all those But the trunk and the interior are that wayoh and the color ...idk..heres some more pics

maybe they where all changed??

front end is all tore apart thats why theres no pics of the front plus i need new fenders

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bratva4 had a drivers rear knuckle for sale bought that is its on the way..THANKS AGAIN
Im respraying the rims these will be for track anyways

picked up some goodies

i got the rear strut bar from JohnnyBlaze hes a cool guy Thanks again..
front strut bar is from aspec..

cwest kit ..knock off but im going to destroy it sooner or later..

I bought swift springs but then found these Sach/Blitz coilovers for a good price ..heard they are hard to come by...was told they have less then 500 miles on them..
SWIFT SPRING UP FOR SALE BNIB and really cheap..

and this is it for now..

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I guess if your plans are to rice it out, it's a good deal. If you were fixing it to OEM specs, you paid about $2500 too much.
rice how so? im at the track like 2 - 3 times a month....
Oh i just read your posts and i see your just like the super negative type and im not the first person you called rice/ricer..its cool im going to have tons of fun with it..besides im sure you would say my other car is rice as well..

·
Fokai 1008
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well since im starting a clothing company and i have companys giving me free parts i will have stickers thats just how it works...and CF parts help you lose weight in the right areas that matter so it will be used. Idk you and i have done nothing wrong so there's no reason to come bash my thread...however when you are ever in socal you're more then welcome to come drive with me...

1 - 20 of 604 Posts