Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly a year ago, I went to AG&R for emission testing on my '00 Maxima. The car had 250K+ and was heavily modified except for the boost, all bolt ons, exhaust, suspension, wheels, skirts, etc. Was a nice and reliable ride I have to say, but it failed the emissions then and needed the exhaust replaced, basically meant going back to stock, which would have cost me $1,500-$2,000. So I decided to move on and trade it in and get the IS :)

That was a year ago, so the time for the emission testing came again (gov't wishing me a happy b-day with $200 bill :p BS). So I was a little nervous as last time this meant a new car and more expense. My IS is an '01 with 140ish kms, no mods to engine nor exhaust. Should pass, I figured, but was still nervous based on the prev experience. So, I dropped the car off and went across the street to Parts Source to get some tools I need and some Lucas injector cleaner. Got back and the car was on rollers still. The tech needed to ran the test twice. He got all zeros the first time and could not believe it so he ran it again! Got all zeros again ;) Hehe, my baby passed with flying zeros :p

Yup, that's Toyota for ya, booya :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Wow whats the f-ing chances eh

I ran mine today and got all 0s too. Ppl said I cheated LOL.

O ya. I havnt done much to my engine since I purchased it in 07. Changed my air filter once and I change my oil every 10 000km.

edit: Did do timing belt, and fluids but that really doesnt have anything to do with my our perfect lovely scores :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.