Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys! I want to see if I can find anyone in here that has my year and model with the Emissions Sticker. I'm trying to get the code the mechanic needs to figure out what Catalytic converter is the one I need to get. Can anyone please share a picture if possible? (Found under the hood)
THANKS YA'LL

·
5,444 Posts
They are all the same from 2001 to 2005. You have 2 in the manifold and one post sensor cat in the y pipe from factory. Is your state using Carb standards or just Federal standards? Also what is the exact cel code you are getting?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are all the same from 2001 to 2005. You have 2 in the manifold and one post sensor cat in the y pipe from factory. Is your state using Carb standards or just Federal standards? Also what is the exact cel code you are getting?
thank you. I figured that'd be the case. What did you mean with Cel code? Not familiar with that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you getting a check engine light. If so, What code exactly.
ohhhh LOL my bad, yes I get the P0430 & P0420. I'm probably going to replace the Cats because of that, but will try to get an O2 spacer to attempt to pass it for now and will use Catclean to attempt to get it through the smog check. I already spent a lot on the car to bring it up to par.

·
5,444 Posts
ohhhh LOL my bad, yes I get the P0430 & P0420. I'm probably going to replace the Cats because of that, but will try to get an O2 spacer to attempt to pass it for now and will use Catclean to attempt to get it through the smog check. I already spent a lot on the car to bring it up to par.
Okay, are you in a federal standard or carb standard state?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts