Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks--I know this is relatively new, but I need some assistance. I've installed the Ultimate but the car won't fire. When I'm using the support tool, it shows an MAF Input reading (in voltage), but no MAF Output reading (steady 0V). One of the things I noticed was when setting the preferences and using the 2JZGE engine code, the Air meter type does not match the right type of meter (Defaults to pressure sensor) or the right type as is shown in the installation manual. I think this may be causing my problem.

Maybe I'm overlooking something really simple because I'm new to this. The engine will fire, but dies quickly, which makes me think that we're not getting any air flow readings. The wiring is fine, and I've made the necessary jumper change.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
983 Posts
A pressure sensor is a MAP sensor. The IS has a MAF sensor. Does the emanage come with its own MAP?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No--that's my concern. The software settings defaults the Air Flow Sensor Type to be "Pressure" and I know it isn't a MAP sensor--it's a hot wire MAF (if I'm not mistaken). There's no way to change the sensor type keeping the 2JZGE engine code. I think this may be the issue--that I can't get the preference to read the right sensor--and that may be causing the issue. I dunno.

·
Registered
983 Posts
What other options does it have?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately with the 2JZ-GE Engine code, it defaults airflow meter type to Pressure, and Airflow meter spec to TY_PR-3. The install guide says the meter spec for an IS300 is TY_HW or something like that, without a number after it. The problem is, this is all locked in and cannot be changed.

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
MGOnyxIS300 said:
Unfortunately with the 2JZ-GE Engine code, it defaults airflow meter type to Pressure, and Airflow meter spec to TY_PR-3. The install guide says the meter spec for an IS300 is TY_HW or something like that, without a number after it. The problem is, this is all locked in and cannot be changed.

I'd assume the MAF setting is more important than the "2JZ-GE" one... try ditch the engine type and just select the right MAF however you can.

Haven't personally installed this, maybe fstldn can help

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I'm on his forum too. I'm going to try and just input the values manually and see if that'll work. I just got tired of looking at it tonight.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I definitely just tried to input the parameters manually--and you can't do it.

:pissed:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Try looking through the config setings and try to see if its locked. Or try to see if you can select the type of sensor.. maf or map. It might have some options.

Reactions: MGOnyxIS300

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Do you have the right jumpers changed around? The reason it is that way (well according to brandon) is that it is defaulted for the jdm 2jz gte. There is a jumper you need to change for it to work well after. Hold on I will find it for you.

Edit: The change in jumper settings (from 1-2 to 2-3)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know you have to change Jumper 8 to 2-3. I also changed two of the jumpers to read intake and coolant temp rather than knock sensors The only possible engine that has the right (or at least closer to the right air sensor is the 2JZGTE (w/ VVT-i), so I may try that in the AM and see if it works.

Thanks for the suggestions guys--keep 'em comin. This is helpful info!

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
MGOnyxIS300 said:
I know you have to change Jumper 8 to 2-3. I also changed two of the jumpers to read intake and coolant temp rather than knock sensors The only possible engine that has the right (or at least closer to the right air sensor is the 2JZGTE (w/ VVT-i), so I may try that in the AM and see if it works.

Thanks for the suggestions guys--keep 'em comin. This is helpful info!
Actually I think that is the right engine code to use (2jzgte w/vvti). If you do that then just a 1/2 jumper change to 2/3 will be all you need for it to run right. You dont need the 8 to 2/3 change for that engine code.

I will see if Brandon can fill us in on it, he has his working very well right now on his IS.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, I got it fixed. I am on the 2JZGTE [not the vvt-i version] with the jumper changed. As an additional FYI, fstlndr (I think that's the name) informed me that you can run the 3uzfe engine code w/out changing the jumper (I think that's correct). All I know is that I finally have mine up and running. We're cleaning up the wiring, then will dyno later today. Hopefully I'll get up some pics and graphs before too long.

MG

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
wait a minute... The Ultimate Emanage has maps and configurations preloaded for specific engines?

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
^^Good to hear. I am awaiting your results. I see you are NA, so am I and we should do some experimenting. Mine should be coming in soon. Did you get the LC1/LM1 wideband with it?

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
wait a minute... The Ultimate Emanage has maps and configurations preloaded for specific engines?
Configurations, I dont think it has maps though. Just find the right engine code and do some datalogging for base maps.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kponti said:
^^Good to hear. I am awaiting your results. I see you are NA, so am I and we should do some experimenting. Mine should be coming in soon. Did you get the LC1/LM1 wideband with it?
I'm looking into widebands very soon. I'm also interested in the ignition timing for the nitrous. I'll let you guys know how it goes. As far as the configuration is set up--you need to have a correct configuration, otherwise the emanage will be sending the wrong signals and the car won't run. The default air sensor type for the 2JZGE is a pressure sensor. Obviously the IS doesn't have that--so the car wouldn't crank. The maps--well some of that will go down later this afternoon. We're tuning an RX-8 w/ the blue emanage, my car, and another RX-7 is just being tested on the dyno this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
can't wait to see what the ultimate does on a modded IS please how about 230 - 240 RWHP without the giggle juice.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
IceCold4x4 said:
can't wait to see what the ultimate does on a modded IS please how about 230 - 240 RWHP without the giggle juice.
no way in hell it makes 230 RWHP without nitrous with those mods.....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Well we can always hope, but just the emanage on conservative settings on a stock car made 180 hp from starting at 170 according to brian. so it's feasable with those mods maybe i mean most cars with those mods are hitting about 200 - 210 ish, plus 10 or maybe 20 from timing changes which a SAFC can not do i think it's possible.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts