Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you guys install your emanage?

Based on the length of the harnesses the options seem to be
1) install above the pedals
2) leave in engine bay
3) extend wires

I dont really like the idea of running all these wires through the grommet on the drive side of the door, how did you guys do it?

·
Registered
427 Posts
install it above the gas pedals..you can mount it to the firewall beneath the carpet - then cover it back with the carpet.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
if you have an auto you can stick it in the little pocket on the left of the drivers feet and just let it rest in there. I take mine out and hook up the cable when I want and tune if needed. It's convienient as hell.

You can also tie strap it up in there and then permanently mount the cable so it comes up through the center console.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how did u guys get the three harness through the grommet?

·
Registered
427 Posts
you can pull the grommet out of the hole in the firewall..
just grab on to it and pull or push it from inside the cabin, the bottom side will push out easy - youll have all the space in the world.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks ill try that. :D

·
Registered
380 Posts
you will need to cut a little slit in the rubber boot that covers the firewall. wrap some electrical tape around the wires and push them through. easy! i havent permanently mounted mine yet. i think it will be up under the driver side steering column.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill have to see if the clutch is in the way

·
Registered
774 Posts
below the steering wheel, if that piece of the dash is removed, you'll see a metal plate attached with 3 screws. you can use lots of quality velcro and attach it to the backside of the plate. that $hit isnt moving. there is plenty of room there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Neo302 said:
below the steering wheel, if that piece of the dash is removed, you'll see a metal plate attached with 3 screws. you can use lots of quality velcro and attach it to the backside of the plate. that $hit isnt moving. there is plenty of room there.
i dont think the wiring harness is long enough to go that far from the firewall. your limited to the area around the pedals and the floor.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I was wondering how many of you have full functional capability from the emanage. I know some people had a lot of issues with the ignition retard stuff and just getting the ignition to work in general. it would be nice to know whether this can indeed be used as a decent piggyback or just a glorified S-AFC with additional injector control.

·
Registered
380 Posts
guess i got assed out cause no way mine would reach under that panel. Hey Gavin, im counting on you to get that ignition harness working. no pressure man! j/k :crazy:

·
Registered
380 Posts
bro, you would cry for ME if you knew what i have been going through. its freakin insane! hopefully i will be able to start on my install soon so i can tackle that ignition harness.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts