Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting an emanage, but had a couple questions before I took the leap.

1) Where can I find an n/a basemap for an Auto IS (if auto makes any difference)
2) Has anyone sucessfully run the SRT intake without the blackbox using the emanage. Through my searches I heard that it was a possibility, but I never saw if it had become a reality yet. If so what did you do and do you have your map?
3) I just need the boomslang 01 harness and the emanage ultimate correct? -- I am picking up a wideband as well, and for the first couple of months of usage going to use the 'autotune' feature to see how it works, what are some widebands that interface well with the EMU?

Thanks for the help,
-Wes

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am looking at getting an emanage, but had a couple questions before I took the leap.

1) Where can I find an n/a basemap for an Auto IS (if auto makes any difference)
2) Has anyone sucessfully run the SRT intake without the blackbox using the emanage. Through my searches I heard that it was a possibility, but I never saw if it had become a reality yet. If so what did you do and do you have your map?
3) I just need the boomslang 01 harness and the emanage ultimate correct? -- I am picking up a wideband as well, and for the first couple of months of usage going to use the 'autotune' feature to see how it works, what are some widebands that interface well with the EMU?

Thanks for the help,
-Wes
Any other mods? If not i would just pick up some cams(264) first before the EMU. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other mods? If not i would just pick up some cams(264) first before the EMU. My 2 cents.
srt intake, exhaust, not looking to go cams, looking to tune with 94 octane and have a better driving car. Its an 01 and I can feel the ecu adjusting at times. Im not looking to put down the highest numbers, just raise the redline and get a decent tune so that my car drives better.

·
Registered
238 Posts
srt intake, exhaust, not looking to go cams, looking to tune with 94 octane and have a better driving car. Its an 01 and I can feel the ecu adjusting at times. Im not looking to put down the highest numbers, just raise the redline and get a decent tune so that my car drives better.
Well i know some people on the forums got the SRT to run with emanage ultimate. I hope they can chime in and just give you a base map with the intake on.

Are you buying a boomslang harness or going with the soldering route?

·
Registered
738 Posts

Thanks for the help,
-Wes
kponti used to roll with the EMU and SRT intake no r-ecu. I'm running mine with the r-ecu. His ran great but he's an expert when it comes to this stuff. PM him and ask for the map.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you are ordering on boomslang get the water and air harness. Because you will need the water to use the self tune....but i wouldnt recommend you to do it unless you have to.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Explain the water needed for self tuning bit please?
Doesn't the motor have to be in certain temperature range in order for the self tuning to be even on? Because i was trying to do the self tuning with no luck. My temperature was not in range because i didnt have a water temp harness..instead if i had the knock. I mean if im wrong you can help me too :D I would sure like to know if it can be done with the knock/air harness.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to revive this ancient thread. Anyone have a good base map for my setup? I have an 02 with the following mod list. I am currently running on the 3uz settings with cyloinders set to 6, ign channels set to 3, displacement at 3000, rev limit set to 7200, and a launch control of 4500. Lastly I am still unsure what boomslang i have(knock or intake temp) as I bought it used.

SRT intake with R-ecu
titan cam gear set to -4.5
megan header
hks axle back

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.