Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2002 IS300 with about 100000 miles on it. I put in a new battery and it shows that it's putting out normal volts. However the other day the car died after a day at work. I'm unsure if I left a door open and the light was on all day, but I had the vehicle boosted and everything was fine.

A couple days later, I've started having strange things happen electronically. While driving the headlights will turn on and off, cd player will restart and today the vehicle shut down all together.

The car wouldn't start until I pulled my iPod charger/transmitter out of the 12v plug in, and than it started fine.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas what is going on with this?

Any help is much appreciated!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
It sounds like you have a shorted out wire somewhere, but it could be anywhere in the car so IDk what else to say. anything else done to the car or is everything factory?

·
Registered
207 Posts
it sounds like the car is shorting out because everytime you have alot of things powerd up at once is when it dies.or is it even driving in the day with no lights on and the radio off and nothining in the cig lighter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah shorted wire is what I was thinking, it typically only happens when there are several things running. Everything is factory on it so I don't think it would be any kind of modification. I'm bringing it into the dealership next friday to run a diagnostic, does anyone know if it will be difficult to find the short?

thanks for the help guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts