Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so for a little while now my car has been doin this thing where while im driving my right headlight will just suddenly turn off. If i turn the headlight switch off then back on, they both come on fine again....sometimes they will stay on for the whole drive, or sometimes the right light turn off like 3 or 4 times in one trip.

Ive had this problem for a a couple months now, but it hasnt really botherd me too bad, but the last couple of days when i go to start my car ive been noticing the starter is barely turning to start the car, so i figured maybe a battery problem. So after i got home, i turned the car off then started it right after, the starter was cranking just fine, so this leaves me to assume that something is somehow draining the power from the battery while the car is sitting.

Ok so all in all, is there something going on with my headlight wires...like a short or somethin, that is draining power.....or is my battery just dying on me??

also, how many of you guys have had to change your batteries already?

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
it could be some arcing between the bulb and the ignitor (the part that the bulb plugs into). You may try cleaning the contacts

·
Registered
338 Posts
You bulbs are going out. I do not believe anything is draining your battery though, but if you want to be sure either take a multimeter and read the voltage of your battery and see if it's actually draining, it may take a while though. Or take a test light and disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and tun the test light between the battery and the terminal. It should light very dim, if it lights bright it means something is draining.

BUN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts