Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a way to hook my car up to electirc at indoor shows. i need to know the difference between a 12 volt power supply and a battery charger. which one of these is the way to go? don't want to hurt my battery or charging system.

thanks,
robert

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
shyrobert said:
i am looking for a way to hook my car up to electirc at indoor shows. i need to know the difference between a 12 volt power supply and a battery charger. which one of these is the way to go? don't want to hurt my battery or charging system.

thanks,
robert
You need an isolation system and a power invertor if you plan on running a system or something to that nature. You should have a 2nd battery installed so when the switch is done the system is completely running off the 2nd battery. This way your car will always be good to go when its time to exit. A battery charger is not recommended unless you are simply leaving the doors open or slight draw like that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks lisnup,

i think that is how we are going to go but other people told me with a power supply we can completely bypass the battery and run the stereo and neon off the power supply.

thanks, robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.