Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody tell me how bad the camber issues are with sportlines if any?Was just wondering because I can't decide what spring to go with. Hopefully someone can offer an answer.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Without an alignment and a camber kit you will go through tires pretty quick. Thats why I am wanting to go with pro kits instead.

·
Registered
236 Posts
its pretty bad. ive had them for a little while and havent gotten around to getting and alignment and the insides of my tires are completly bald. but all you really need is an alignment and you should be fine. i dont think you even need a camber kit. according the the guy at the shop an alignment will fix it. but i definently like the springs a lot and am happy i got them. perfect drop and handles and rides great

·
13,727 Posts
No, you need a camber kit with the sportlines or any other spring not named "Prokit"

Only the Prokits will save you from buying the kit, because the drop is so mild you stay within factory alignment specs. Every other spring drops you more, and you go out of factory specs, hence tire wear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have these spring sitting in my room. i got a lip on rite now so ima look around for chamber kits before i decide to put in on.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have the prokits and bilstien combo and I'm just barely out of spec on the fronts (though the toe gets out of wack easy but that can be a worn bushing). My rear camber is out out spec but toe can still get into spec. Most of my tire wear is on the front. Maybe it's the alignment guys at firestone but I think it could be better. I bought the SPC ball joint camber kit for the front(which I'm selling now) but havent installed it yet since I have not lowered my car anymore. Someone else on the board bought it also and it helped him achieve camber correct. He was lowered on H&R's. I would like to get the sportlines and if you get a good alignment tech I think they would be able to get in close or within spec.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i have prokit with koni on the lower perch which i think is probably a little bit lower than just the sportlines. i got an alignment and it was out of factory spec and then settled even lower. i have some pretty bad camber wear now. time for me to look for some camber correction...

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I know that there was a local guy here with the sportlines who was able to get into specs, but i guess it depends on who does the alignment. I myself would rather have the camber kit just to make sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts